redbarron06

Well this will be the 2nd weekend of TN archery season

And I am sitting this one out too. Of course last weekend I had not been home but 4 days and had not even visited the property. I've had over a week now to get settled in but because of some issues with our storage place I have not been able to get out my bow target or lock on stands. I have my climber here in the garage and was very temped to go tomorrow. I spent this morning doing a little scouting and setting out about 8 cameras. Found a couple of place with a bunch of acorns already on the ground and even a persimmon tree in one of the oak bottoms. I was very temped to load up the Ram and head to the woods in the morning but having not shot my bow in over 2 years I decided to take the safe route. I'll make sure at least the 20 yard pin is on before I hit the woods. I can limit myself to 20-25 yards if I need to be I need to be sure that over the last 2 years it hasn't bumped out the sights. I'll only have a couple of weekends to bow hunt this year because of drill and a camping trip but then muzzle loader season will open up. The freezer is empty and needs filling. If its brown it goes down this year. I am so behind on stock up on the organic free range red meat.

Practice... Practice... Practice!!!

You should not be hunting with a bow you have not shot in two years without at least a month of preparation in my opinion.

There needs to be enough time to get that muscle memory "re-educated".

Remember, your harvesting a live animal. It is your responsibility to take such animal as cleanly and quickly as possible.

You need to be able to hit your anchor point consistently all the time, every time.

And that only happens with practice.

Thanks,

Glenn

Thats why I didn't go this morning. I have been shooting this bow since 2006 and normally shoot very heavy every year. While I have not shot it in 2 years it would not take long to get my anchor back. That memory might be rusty, but it is still there. I was one of those guys that shot every single day for 3 months leading up to season. I was hitting at 80 yards the last time I was shooting regularly. But no way I'd be that good right now. 20 I could pull off. I may go and hang stands today, its going to be good weather for it.

You have any Judo or blunt arrowheads?

Stump shooting is a great way to practice while your out to hang your stand.

Thanks,

Glenn