Longhair

Blew Through Next Month's Toy Budget Already

Ordered my new LRR today!

nsV7yuE.jpg

Howa HCR 6.5Creedmoor w/24" threaded heavy barrel.

• Like 1

SWEET !

Congratulations !

• Like 1

Ohh... That's gonna be nice!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I really didn't want to buy just yet, but they are hard to come by and a deal I couldn't pass up arose.

I still have to get a base, rings, and glass. Those will have to wait while I replenish my bank account. I probably won't have a chance to shoot it until December, but that still gives me more than enough time to break it in and get ready for next year's Armory shoot. :D:

Congrats on the new rifle.

Everybody is getting a new gun but me.

Sweet!

That is the Luth Stock i put on my MDT chassis

Edited by gshayd

Mr. Longhair,

I'd like to take this opportunity to politely suggest to you, that you, Sir, inhale with great vigor.

• Like 1

Sweet!

That is the Luth Stock i put on my MDT chassis

:thumb: I like Randy's stocks. I have an MBA1 on my 20" AR, and I'm nothing if not impressed with it, so it was one of the added selling points when I was comparing guns to buy. The glass smooth 1500 action was another, and the H.A.C.T. trigger was yet another.

Mr. Longhair,

I'd like to take this opportunity to politely suggest to you, that you, Sir, inhale with great vigor.

I don't want to puff up too much. I'm pretty sure that most any gun can shoot better than I can. Anymore I just try not to embarrass myself too much.

:speedbanana: FedEx tracking says it will be here tomorrow!

The Burris one piece steel 25 MOA base I ordered should be here by the weekend.

Now I need to decide what glass and rings I'll get to perch on it. :hmm:

:speedbanana: FedEx tracking says it will be here tomorrow!

The Burris one piece steel 25 MOA base I ordered should be here by the weekend.

Now I need to decide what glass and rings I'll get to perch on it. :hmm:

Nice!

The rifle showed up, as did the base. I have to send the base back now because it's the wrong one. :124:

I already tore into the HACT trigger because it didn't adjust down enough to satisfy me. After a little modification it now breaks @ about 23oz, and I can live with that.

Another thing that came as a surprise, was that there was a kit included to change from the AICS mag to a regular trapdoor floorplate & follower. I guess that it may be for people in states where there is a regulation regarding hunting with a detachable mag? :dontknow: 

Edited by Longhair

13 minutes ago, Longhair said:

The rifle showed up, as did the base. I have to send the base back now because it's the wrong one. :124:

I already tore into the HACT trigger because it didn't adjust down enough to satisfy me. After a little modification it now breaks @ about 23oz, and I can live with that.

Another thing that came as a surprise, was that there was a kit included to change from the AICS mag to a regular trapdoor floorplate & follower. I guess that it may be for people in states where there is a regulation regarding hunting with a detachable mag? :dontknow: 

Sweet!

1 minute ago, towtruck said:

Sweet!

It would be a lot sweeter if I didn't have to send that base back. :lol: That's going to set me back another week.

Anyone here want/need a 25MOA one-piece steel base for a Remmy long action?

Base came a while back, so it's mounted. Today the two 3-slot MLOK rail sections and VLTOR TangoDown bipod showed up.

Slowly but surely it's all coming together. Next month comes the glass & rings. :broke:

• Like 1