MadeInUSA

Does Anyone Here Enjoy Cigars?

Just woundering how many folks around here enjoy smoking a quality cigar or smokes them regularly. 

I'm quickly becoming a regular cigar smoker myself. Aside from the AF Hemingway Short Story, I've only had Connecticut Shade cigars. 

In my very limited experience, I find it remarkable how many flavors I can taste just from a cigar. I mean, I almost back up to a pack a day of cigarettes, so my tastebuds are shot.  I'm not really sure what's more remarkable, the fact that I can taste different flavors in a cigar or that cigars actually have diffrent flavors and notes other than-tobaco-.

I haven't had a cigar in 30 years. When I worked at the airport one of the airline's employees would bust them out when he had a party which was pretty frequently. To him Cubans were the best, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the swishers and the Cuban one's. He always managed to have a full box of Cubans when he had a party though. Pretty sure he could have gotten in trouble for it then but he had a devil may care attitude about it.

I did when I was younger. My favorite was an Onyx Reserve, followed by Partagas, and Romeo Y Julieta.

I have smoked a few in my life but wouldn't do it now. 

I used to smoke them regularly.

Not so frequently any more.

It is a great way to relax and a great hobby, IMHO.

It is the most natural way to use tobacco, and the flavors are wonderful.

Always lots to learn, and trying new ones

is like opening a Christmas present. :)

I loved cigars until I was about 40 when I developed an allergy to them. Been to Santiago over a dozen times and the duty free is painful, they have a 10ft tall, walk in humidor full of Cubans I just have to walk in every time. I can not smoke one, but it is so nice to walk in, have the door close and just stand there.

I enjoyed a Garcia Y Vega Rapier before my exile to no cigar island.

Ed

Yup. Actually own a cigar business. At one time I probably averaged four a day. Waaaaaaaay less than that now.

For my money, hands down the consistently best cigars for the money come out of the My Father factory in Esteli, Nicaragua.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Darn it. I quit smoking period quite a while back so I haven't had a cigar in almost ten years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smb5769 said:

Darn it. I quit smoking period quite a while back so I haven't had a cigar in almost ten years.

Me too. But it's been 40 years. Right around the time I could afford good alcohol and quality cigars I quit both. If not, I'd like Opus X and single malt scotch.

• Like 1

Yup.  A glass of whiskey and a cigar on a summer evening is a personal favorite.  I'm a big fan of Perdomo and Ashton cigars.  Of course, in MT I only have about 3 months out of the year that I can smoke regularly.

I've acquired quite a few cigars over the winter. I was looking to make my own humidor but spanish cedar would of cost around $130.

Found a pretty cool looking 100 count one on Amazon for $65.

CBvbtr3.jpg

9x1HX6T.jpg

vcFnHJN.jpg

I cant wait for warmer weather so I dont have to go to the cigar lounge.

Only on special occasions.

dont-even-start-the-cigar-jokes.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, a nice ten year old bourbon on the rocks and a cigar rolled on the plumb thighs of Latin women are two of a man's finer things in life. 

Its what separates us from the metrosexuals.

Tj