AR15Armory.com

Were there ever "Chinese AK KITS"

Gator Monroe

I think Norinco and Poly Tech are "brand" names  for Chinese guns, but they were made in Chinese military factories, and aren't independent companies.  They were imported by many different companies.  I have never seen an AK kit. What did they include?

I don't remember any Chinese AK kits but I have an AK kit that I haven't put together yet and have a receiver for it.  Been stored away for well over 12 years.  Had two.    One is one of those underfolders which I have together and have shot and the other is a fixed stock which hasn't been assembled but I bought two receivers and only completed one. The underfolder is Polish and the fixed stock is Hungarian, I think.  One of these days I'll get busy on it.

gallery_135_65_86443.jpg

gallery_135_65_13073.jpg

Back during the AWB I bought a norinco AK47 parts kit. It did not come with the receiver or wood stocks. I bought it at a gun show. The dealer had complete new Poly Tech stocks. I never got it put together. You need a 1.5 mm receiver. Back then, nobody was making a 1.5 receiver. I gave the kit away to a former member on the Armory. I kept the stock because he could not use it. He lived in Massachusetts. Still have the stock set in a bag with a price tag still on it. I paid $20 for the stock kit. Now they are going for a small fortune. Wish I bought all the stocks he had. 

There is a Norinco parts kit for sale on gun broker. They are asking 720 for it.

• 3 years later...

The Mak-90 was sort of a "kit." Forced you to buy an American wood kit, to replace the Sarah Brady butthole stock.  Covered in cosmoline, it burned with a soft green flame in my fireplace, FWIW!  I wonder if ol' Sarah burns with a soft green flame these days - here's hoping it's a harsh white-hot flame, for the rest of eternity! :devil: