Got my stamp approved!

Submitted on 11/18/18

Pending on 11/19/18

Prints arrived to ATF on 11/20/18

Stamp Approved on 11/29/18

10 days from pending to approved!!!

——————-——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Good evening Gents, 

i just submited an eForm 1 for a SBS as an individual. I have never done the eforms. 

I have printed out the CLEO notification and will head the the Sheriffs office in the morning. 

My question is: I do then prints, mail them off and give my Sheriff an copy of the CLEO notification....that’s it right? 

Edited by kicker6861

Check around for a place that will do digital prints.  A buddy of mine said they are a little more expensive (he said around $35-40) but being digital they can be uploaded with the packet and you only have to have them done once.  After that they are good for several years.

I can ask him tomorrow because he just did a eForm1 for an SBR.  I know you have to send pics of the engraving, not sure what could or could not be digitally uploaded rather than mailed.

Your Sheriff Office might have the digital printer. Our county doesn't but the city does and it's no charge.

Eform 1s are crazy fast right now. I bought an Aero lower to get SBR'ed.

Do you have to have the engraving done before or after submitting? Also- do you have to list every barrel length or just the shortest?

53 minutes ago, Jaeger48 said:

Do you have to have the engraving done before or after submitting? Also- do you have to list every barrel length or just the shortest?

From my limited knowledge, you have to list the shortest configuration. Then, you submit an amendment listing any additional barrel lengths and calibers. 

Also, here is some information on the ingraving requirements...

https://johnpierceesq.com/what-are-the-requirements-for-engraving-an-item-you-are-building-on-a-form-1/

5 hours ago, Jaeger48 said:

Its my understanding that a picture of the engraving has to now accompany the form 1 packet.  As far as lengths, list the shortest barrel and then with the stock collapsed for the OAL.  Its my understanding that you only have to submit an amendment if you permanently change calibers.  For example, if you SBR it as a 7.5 inch 223/556 and you get a 300BO that's 10 inches you can swap them freely as long as you can return the 22/556 upper.  If you were to get rid of the 556 upper and no longer have the ability to return it to its registered caliber then you have to amend it.  As far as length, go as short as you can on barrel length, you can always go longer just cant go any shorter.

Fingerprints completed and sent off. CLEO notification completed. 

Bump** 

Stamp approved in 10 days!! ! (Details in original post) 

2 minutes ago, kicker6861 said:

Bump** 

Stamp approved in 10 days!! ! (Details in original post) 

:thumb:

That's an amazing speed!

Makes me want to buy a suppressor!

Ten days!!!! Dang, that is awesome fast. My last suppressor took 9 months and last SBR took 10.5 months

I am pumped that eFile is back online!!!

Congrats.

10 day’s?!  I may start saving for a can if I can get an approval that fast.   

• Like 1

I think I’m going to have to save to sbr for that turn around. I’ve got a can, but really want a 8.5” 300blk sbr. I’ve got the 8.5” upper on a pistol lower already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, newbe said:

That's an amazing speed!

Makes me want to buy a suppressor!

These are form 1s though. Don't suppressors go through form 4 assuming you're not making your own?

Just now, Jaeger48 said:

These are form 1s though. Don't suppressors go through form 4 assuming you're not making your own?

Don't know.  I'm not schooled too well in this area.