So I just happened to notice that in TN, folks with a disabled hunter license can now use arrow gun.  Figured I would look into it.  Does anybody here have any experience with any?  Just a quick google for "airbow" comes up with one from Bengamin but I cant seem to find any other brands.  Any recommendations?

AFAIK the Benjamin "Pioneer" airbow is the only game in town.....to this point.

I would look to Seneca and/or Crosman to be the next companies to come out with them. Crosman, because they have an archery division already, and Seneca, because they have been innovators in other areas and in fact are producing the only air powered shotgun.

Air bow’s are the tool of choice for poachers in this area. Quiet and effective. 

The new crossbows would be the route I would look. 100 yards with ease. 

5 hours ago, Longhair said:

AFAIK the Benjamin "Pioneer" airbow is the only game in town.....to this point.

I would look to Seneca and/or Crosman to be the next companies to come out with them. Crosman, because they have an archery division already, and Seneca, because they have been innovators in other areas and in fact are producing the only air powered shotgun.

I found another manufacture at work but it was like 1600 and runs on 22 blanks.

4 hours ago, calebj06 said:

Air bow’s are the tool of choice for poachers in this area. Quiet and effective. 

The new crossbows would be the route I would look. 100 yards with ease. 

I am not really interested in a crossbow.  too much trouble loading, and unloading especially in cramped spaces and tree stands.  

Never heard of an air bow.

13 minutes ago, alpo said:

Never heard of an air bow.

I hadn't either as far as a brand name.  I saw this statement earlier in the TWRA hunting guide and decided to look into it.

1. For persons that possess a permanent disabled TWRA license (Type 168,169,189, or 198 only), pre-charged pneumatic guns which shoot arrows (“Airbows”) are now legal during Archery seasons.

I happen to have a 30% disability and that was enough for me to qualify me for the DAV permanent license.  

Sounds almost like a blow gun but with a charged canister.

Just now, alpo said:

Sounds almost like a blow gun but with a charged canister.

Pretty much, think giant Nerf gun that shoots 30 inch arrows of death at 450 FPS.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 7:51 PM, redbarron06 said:

Pretty much, think giant Nerf gun that shoots 30 inch arrows of death at 450 FPS.

Oh I want me one of these.  It will probly be 20 years before FL approves anything like this.  They just approved crossbows a couple of years ago.  I will probly be pushing up daisies by then.