Jump to content
youngod

EMP report : Im going to live with the Amish!

Recommended Posts

That is probably going to come under mutually assured destruction if a nation uses EMP weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is largely fake news in all actuality, for today anyway. Here is a link to the actual report: EMP Report

 

While EMP weapons do exist, they are mostly experimental and an EMP weapon that could singularly knock out the entire power grid of an entire nation all at once is total science fiction. The effective range of actual EMP weapons, in reality is only a few kilometers from ground zero, very similar to the EMP effects of a nuclear weapon. So to use EMP weapons to kill the entire power grid of our nation would require literally hundreds of EMP warheads being launched simultaneously. The detonation of a nuke in the upper atmosphere would have more widespread effects but not to the extent of killing the entire power gird at once. But even that is hypothetical an untested.

 

While we certainly need to start taking this threat seriously and working diligently on (which we are and have been) creating simple defenses for our power grid,  everyday electronics and military infrastructure, we have time and there is no EMP apocalypse looming at present.

 

Edited by Sorceress 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sorceress 21 said:

This is largely fake news in all actuality, for today anyway. Here is a link to the actual report: EMP Report

 

While EMP weapons do exist, they are mostly experimental and an EMP weapon that could singularly knock out the entire power grid of an entire nation all at once is total science fiction. The effective range of actual EMP weapons, in reality is only a few kilometers from ground zero, very similar to the EMP effects of a nuclear weapon. So to use EMP weapons to kill the entire power grid of our nation would require literally hundreds of EMP warheads being launched simultaneously. The detonation of a nuke in the upper atmosphere would have more widespread effects but not to the extent of killing the entire power gird at once. But even that is hypothetical an untested.

 

While we certainly need to start taking this threat seriously and working diligently on (which we are and have been) creating simple defenses for our power grid,  everyday electronics and military infrastructure, we have time and there is no EMP apocalypse looming at present.

 

 

So much for youngod being my nearly Next Door Neighbor.  :sad:  The Amish are about 60 - 90 minutes away from me, depending upon traffic and fodder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gshayd said:

That is probably going to come under mutually assured destruction if a nation uses EMP weapons.

 

You read my mind. One would think the Military would have the protections needs to launch our nuclear arsenal for MAD in the event of an EMP. 

If I know President Trump and the current Military leaders and SOS have not failed to use this opportunity to discreetly assure all potential actors

understand that they and their beloved country/culture/family/and goat love interest would not survive. 

The only worry I have is terrorists getting control of such a weapon, and not a nation-state. 

However, the most likely scenario I see with terrorists is a dirty bomb.  Tragic, but not that likely likely to cause a major

societal breakdown, unless they come up with a whole bunch of them.  

 

Having grown up in the age of "duck and cover" , the JFK debacle, and Dr. Strangelove, I am way beyond worrying about things I can't control.

The only thing to do is prepare the best you can for the most likely scenarios, and get involved in the political process in order to get nationalists

and not weak kneed blame America commie globalists elected to high office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sorceress 21 said:

This is largely fake news in all actuality, for today anyway. Here is a link to the actual report: EMP Report

 

While EMP weapons do exist, they are mostly experimental and an EMP weapon that could singularly knock out the entire power grid of an entire nation all at once is total science fiction. The effective range of actual EMP weapons, in reality is only a few kilometers from ground zero, very similar to the EMP effects of a nuclear weapon. So to use EMP weapons to kill the entire power grid of our nation would require literally hundreds of EMP warheads being launched simultaneously. The detonation of a nuke in the upper atmosphere would have more widespread effects but not to the extent of killing the entire power gird at once. But even that is hypothetical an untested.

 

While we certainly need to start taking this threat seriously and working diligently on (which we are and have been) creating simple defenses for our power grid,  everyday electronics and military infrastructure, we have time and there is no EMP apocalypse looming at present.

 

Stop with your common sense and knowledge. I've posted almost the same thing, each time this fake news pops up. Everyone starts rattling on about Faraday cages and having to have an old vehicle with points ignition, and new ignition parts in a Faraday cage... etc. 

 

IF someone lives in an area close to a strategic target, then maybe they should think of precautions. Like next door to a military base, Washington DC, something like that. Beyond that, not so much. If you're 20 miles from a military installation, you're probably going to be completely safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Stop with your common sense and knowledge. I've posted almost the same thing, each time this fake news pops up. Everyone starts rattling on about Faraday cages and having to have an old vehicle with points ignition, and new ignition parts in a Faraday cage... etc. 

 

IF someone lives in an area close to a strategic target, then maybe they should think of precautions. Like next door to a military base, Washington DC, something like that. Beyond that, not so much. If you're 20 miles from a military installation, you're probably going to be completely safe. 

 

Exactly!

 

In fact what has been discovered is that most cars and trucks will still start and run provided they are powered down as there is enough metal in the auto's body and frame to shield electronics. I think there is a fair chance that maybe in 20 or 30 years someone will develop an EMP weapon that might be able to kill a city the size of New York, but there are issues with basic physics that make even that a huge technological and engineering challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pepper said:

Stop with your common sense and knowledge. I've posted almost the same thing, each time this fake news pops up. Everyone starts rattling on about Faraday cages and having to have an old vehicle with points ignition, and new ignition parts in a Faraday cage... etc. 

 

IF someone lives in an area close to a strategic target, then maybe they should think of precautions. Like next door to a military base, Washington DC, something like that. Beyond that, not so much. If you're 20 miles from a military installation, you're probably going to be completely safe. 

 

 

Not true, not true, not true.......EMP weapons are avaible, they do exist....and if you were to pop one over Kansas if powerful enough at the correct height  it would take out the majority of the US electrical grid....

 

100 miles in any direction from where I live, the vast majority of all human life will stop.......West it might not be that far, but the other 3 directions.....wiped out.....and depending on winds that day.........

 

Bellevue Ne, go 150 miles in any direction.....wiped out.....gone no human life........

 

Colorado springs....that's one HUGE target......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retcop said:

 

You read my mind. One would think the Military would have the protections needs to launch our nuclear arsenal for MAD in the event of an EMP. 

If I know President Trump and the current Military leaders and SOS have not failed to use this opportunity to discreetly assure all potential actors

understand that they and their beloved country/culture/family/and goat love interest would not survive. 

The only worry I have is terrorists getting control of such a weapon, and not a nation-state. 

However, the most likely scenario I see with terrorists is a dirty bomb.  Tragic, but not that likely likely to cause a major

societal breakdown, unless they come up with a whole bunch of them.  

 

Having grown up in the age of "duck and cover" , the JFK debacle, and Dr. Strangelove, I am way beyond worrying about things I can't control.

The only thing to do is prepare the best you can for the most likely scenarios, and get involved in the political process in order to get nationalists

and not weak kneed blame America commie globalists elected to high office.

 

 

4 command and control aircraft are hardened to fly thru any EMP blast or nuclear weapon.....

 

Others are shielded, but not hardened.....

 

All US land based ICBM's are hardened and shielded as are launch capabilities....

 

Nobody and I stress the NOBODY can get access to a US based ICBM or warhead either in ground or at the parent base.....and when in transit lets just say they are protected by more firepower than the entire country of Mexico has.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rampy said:

 

 

Not true, not true, not true.......EMP weapons are avaible, they do exist....and if you were to pop one over Kansas if powerful enough at the correct height  it would take out the majority of the US electrical grid....

 

100 miles in any direction from where I live, the vast majority of all human life will stop.......West it might not be that far, but the other 3 directions.....wiped out.....and depending on winds that day.........

 

Bellevue Ne, go 150 miles in any direction.....wiped out.....gone no human life........

 

Colorado springs....that's one HUGE target......

 

 

The only current weapons that are known that would cause that level of EMP are nuclear weapons, and if you're within range of an EMP issue, you're in range of dealing with the effects of the radiation/blast/other issues. There are other electronic warfare weapons that could be used to attack our electrical grid, and we've used some of them ourselves. But they are NOT EMP weapons. In the beginning of GW2, we used bombs that dropped lots of carbon fibers on substations and power generating facilities. These destroyed those installations, and damaged the local grids in those areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sorceress 21 said:

This is largely fake news in all actuality, for today anyway. Here is a link to the actual report: EMP Report

 

While EMP weapons do exist, they are mostly experimental and an EMP weapon that could singularly knock out the entire power grid of an entire nation all at once is total science fiction. The effective range of actual EMP weapons, in reality is only a few kilometers from ground zero, very similar to the EMP effects of a nuclear weapon. So to use EMP weapons to kill the entire power grid of our nation would require literally hundreds of EMP warheads being launched simultaneously. The detonation of a nuke in the upper atmosphere would have more widespread effects but not to the extent of killing the entire power gird at once. But even that is hypothetical an untested.

 

While we certainly need to start taking this threat seriously and working diligently on (which we are and have been) creating simple defenses for our power grid,  everyday electronics and military infrastructure, we have time and there is no EMP apocalypse looming at present.

 

 

 

Kirkland AFB in New Mexico has experimented with EMP and has a 100% fully wooden structure large enough to park a fully loaded B52 on it and pound it with EMP.......and that's not the only place....

 

I can't get into details, but will say you are about 90% wrong in you assumptions........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GiggleSmith said:

 

So much for youngod being my nearly Next Door Neighbor.  :sad:  The Amish are about 60 - 90 minutes away from me, depending upon traffic and fodder.

hell I have almost next door to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rampy said:

100 miles in any direction from where I live, the vast majority of all human life will stop.......West it might not be that far, but the other 3 directions.....wiped out.....and depending on winds that day.........

 

Because they will nuke that part of the US until it glows, attempting to stop our counterattack. Don't live in the middle of silos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pepper said:

The only current weapons that are known that would cause that level of EMP are nuclear weapons, and if you're within range of an EMP issue, you're in range of dealing with the effects of the radiation/blast/other issues. There are other electronic warfare weapons that could be used to attack our electrical grid, and we've used some of them ourselves. But they are NOT EMP weapons. In the beginning of GW2, we used bombs that dropped lots of carbon fibers on substations and power generating facilities. These destroyed those installations, and damaged the local grids in those areas. 

 

Yes nuclear.......at altitude and designed for EMP blast vs ground/air blast.....very little fallout...huge EMP.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pepper said:

Because they will nuke that part of the US until it glows, attempting to stop our counterattack. Don't live in the middle of silos. 

 

 

True, but then you have all the fallout.....and wind speed/direction will carry the radiation hundreds & hundreds of miles......

 

When I was Flight Sgt in the 400th Missile Squadron.....I had access to classified information and while it's old now, I'm sure it's still relevant.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×