I'm looking at one of these https://www.midwayusa.com/product/496356/remington-barrel-remington-870-police-12-gauge-3-18-fixed-improved-cylinder-rifle-sights-parkerized.....I was wondering if anyone has bought one and what you think of it. I want to pair it with a +2 mag extension. I need a house gun and my 28" 870 is just sitting waiting for a job. 

Have not.  Interestingly enough, I am looking at an extension for my 10-RD JM Pro competition shotgun as well. :thumb:

Looks good, but do you get night sights? 

Idk I bought a mossberg. So I can operate operationally. 😎

• Haha 2

Dang. Now I want one of those. I have been looking for a good rifle sighted 870 barrel. 

TT,

I don't have that barrel Midway, but that is the exact length and profile of the unrifled Remington slug 

bbl that came with my 870 Express, including the rifle sights. 

Note that my Express is old enough where they still parkerized the bbl, instead of the black spray paint they

seem to be using these days. It is basically a real 870, all the same internals  with lower quality wood.

That is the barrel I have on it for self defense. It works just fine for me, although I am still more likely to grab my sidearm.

It is a little heavy, but it is possible the Midway version may not be as stout as the slug bbl.   I do not have an extension on the magazine tube..

3 hours ago, Derk_digler24 said:

Looks good, but do you get night sights? 

Idk I bought a mossberg. So I can operate operationally. 😎

So....

You're an operator...

Back when it was new, I bought a slug barrel with the Rem-chokes for my 11-87. I have killed more stuff with that barrel on that shotgun than probably any other gun I have ever had. Deer, turkeys, rabbits, squirrels, ducks, doves, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, porcupines, prairie dogs, grouse, ruffed, blue and sage, quail bobwhite, scaled and the little ones with the funny feather over their head. Pheasants, geese, the guys still give me shat for killing geese with a riot gun. I am probably forgetting a few.

I'd spend a little time looking for one with the choke tubes. Even for a defense gun having the choke tubes could be helpful especially if you want to throw buckshot. Hell, you can probably find a duckbill tube for it. I have seen 870 barrels over at Pekin gun for $100 on a pretty regular basis. You can probably find a used one out there too.

2 hours ago, newbe said:

So....

You're an operator...

I cant say, g17 classified.  But if I were to operate I would operate operationally 

Edited by Derk_digler24
Need to edit this 16 times for operator operation

5 hours ago, Retcop said:

TT,

I don't have that barrel Midway, but that is the exact length and profile of the unrifled Remington slug 

bbl that came with my 870 Express, including the rifle sights. 

Note that my Express is old enough where they still parkerized the bbl, instead of the black spray paint they

seem to be using these days. It is basically a real 870, all the same internals  with lower quality wood.

That is the barrel I have on it for self defense. It works just fine for me, although I am still more likely to grab my sidearm.

It is a little heavy, but it is possible the Midway version may not be as stout as the slug bbl.   I do not have an extension on the magazine tube..

Mine was the black spray paint. First gun that I had cerakoted.  I changed out the furniture too. 

2 hours ago, Derk_digler24 said:

I cant say, g17 classified.  But if I were to operate I would operate operationally 

I could see that.

Sweet....I will have to shop around and see what else I can come up with. Chokes would be cool and I have a little time to pick one out. 

Dang it...I found a guy on ebay selling five of them used for 99 bucks each....he had two left yesterday. I decide to buy one and today he has one left.....but the front sight is missing :124:

1 minute ago, towtruck said:

Dang it...I found a guy on ebay selling five of them used for 99 bucks each....he had two left yesterday. I decide to buy one and today he has one left.....but the front sight is missing :124:

The whole ramp or just the blade insert? Truglo makes a replacement fiber optic blade that will snap right in.

8 minutes ago, MontanaLon said:

The whole ramp or just the blade insert? Truglo makes a replacement fiber optic blade that will snap right in.

The ramp is there just the post is missing.....probably should just buy it huh?

Just now, towtruck said:

The ramp is there just the post is missing.....probably should just buy it huh?

Heck yeah. Replace the sights with the truglo steel series and it's good to go.