My dad is giving me a 45/70 lever gun. Its a nice gun never been fired. Needless to say that if something ever happens to him not that i want anything to happen to him ill sell the rifle because i just don't have a love for a lever gun or traditional stock design unless its a benchrest gun. He is 73 in April

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Same. I’d keep Dad around for a long time if it was up to me— but some of his (and mine, that were gifts) guns need to traded for much more interesting and useful guns. We have similar, but not identical, tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I’d keep Dad around for a long time if it was up to me— but some of his (and mine, that were gifts) guns need to traded for much more interesting and useful guns. We have similar, but not identical, tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea i defenantly don't want anything to happen to him love of family always first

Give it a chance.......I love a nice lever gun.  I made the mistake if not showing interest in my FIL's guns because they were not what I was used to......big mistake as he had some nice weapons that later in life I would have died for. He sold them all off and if I would have played my cards right they could have been mine. 

• Like 2

Give it a chance.......I love a nice lever gun.  I made the mistake if not showing interest in my FIL's guns because they were not what I was used to......big mistake as he had some nice weapons that later in life I would have died for. He sold them all off and if I would have played my cards right they could have been mine. 
He has a 3030 i will pass to my oldest boy

Pictures of said gun?

Pictures of said gun?
Ill post pic when i pick it up

• Like 1

I love me some .45-70. Nothing like touching a 300 gr bullet off and wait for it ..... hearing the sound it makes when it finally hits a solid target. I was just looking at a Marlin.

I got my grandfathers 45-70, and the rest of his big bores, but I do like to bust it out every now and then.  I have absolutely no desire to hunt with it like he did, but it is fun to shoot hot stuff through.  His handload recipes will put hair on your chest :) 

• Like 1