bamashooter

300 Blackout Ammo Sale (Supersonic)

Outback is good stuff.  I've never seen a case like that though.  Not sure what's up with that.

17 hours ago, newbe said:

Outback is good stuff.  I've never seen a case like that though.  Not sure what's up with that.

The boxes of 5-packs? From what I gather, not unusual. Perhaps environmental protection for shipping?

:snicker: Oh crap, bet you're speaking of the pretty black-colored brass on the 144s. I ordered the 125s but would like to have 1 or 2 rounds of the black brass.

Z4XEDFG.jpg

Edited by bamashooter

Ordered the 125gr on 14 Jan and received today (17 Jan.). Hard to beat that.

Nice.  And yes, I was talking about the black casings.

47 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

Ordered the 125gr on 14 Jan and received today (17 Jan.). Hard to beat that.

Why the 125gr over the 144?

3 hours ago, Rampy said:

Why the 125gr over the 144?

No hard reasons other than I found good reviews on the 125 (not to say the 144 is junk) so that's what I went with. I'll likely be going with 110-125 stuff once I make a final decision on a defensive round. I would like to have one of those black brass cases though.

29 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

No hard reasons other than I found good reviews on the 125 (not to say the 144 is junk) so that's what I went with. I'll likely be going with 110-125 stuff once I make a final decision on a defensive round. I would like to have one of those black brass cases though.

Gotcha......Im still bouncing back and forth, have never herd of this ammo before, it looks good, wish I could get like 20rds of each to shoot for accuracy......

Don't ask me why, but in the 300black, I'm strange and want the heaviest 30cal bullet I can get suppressed or un suppressed....not logical, but a heavy 30 cal round out of a short barrel ju packs more of a punch......

On the little I have looked at (I'm sure there's more), the 144 stuff has excellent reviews. Regarding The Australian Outback ammunition, I find it to be near cult-like status. Folks really brag on it's accuracy regardless of caliber. I know my neighbor / ffl / gun-builder / repair guy has sold the heck out of it for probably the past 2 years now. Yeah, I'd like to try some 144 seeing that this pistol (all my pistols) is for distances <50m. I'm looking at the Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 300 AAC Blackout 110 Grain TAC-TX. Perhaps their boat tail 120gr. The 110 is very well regarded in the 300 world but I have a lot of researching to do. A box of this, a box of that, money, money, money, hopefully settle on one quickly after 3-4 purchases of different rounds. Just hope I can find enough data for the 9" or close to it to make an informed decision. Time's on my side.

Ordered some 144gr.  We'll see how it goes.  They are out of 125.

• Like 1

I received my 144 last week. I found an older thread somewhere where a guy emailed Australian Outback regarding the black color. They replied back and basically said they weren't giving it up; proprietary. 

"Finally some news, my friend has no idea how they colour the brass as it's nowhere near his area. I however just got an email from Outback Ammo in relation to my inquiry last week. Still scratching my head at their reply cause essentially the answer was...

"Unfortunately we are unable to provide any details on the colouring of the case as this is proprietary information"

I wasn't asking for the formula and process to do this myself so they could have just said it's painted / coated or baked on rather then a vague proprietary information line. I'll have a look at the range tonight and see if they have any in stock so I can have a look and figure it out for myself.

On a positive note they did state...

"There are no implications to reloading these cases and they can be reloaded as per your normal process". 

Which is very cool, thinking now if they can apply the process to different calibers and colours. Imagine the pure range cred and tacticool appeal of having brass colour coded to your rifle. I'd order a pile of bright red 50 BMG cases cause they can be reloaded faster then plain old brass and add an extra 100fps"

Reckon I just made it before out of stock. Today I received 1800 rnds of the 144s (80lbs w/ cans). Nice and stout metal cans to boot. Chrono tomorrow. Thank you my dear bride.:)

B8b4sMW.jpg

12 hours ago, bamashooter said:

Reckon I just made it before out of stock. Today I received 1800 rnds of the 144s (80lbs w/ cans). Nice and stout metal cans to boot. Chrono tomorrow. Thank you my dear bride.:)

B8b4sMW.jpg

Wow!  Nice!

• Like 1

Warm and cloudy. Perfect chrono conditions today. Rezero (different optic / 50m)) the little 8.5" pistol (5.56) and chrono it and the 144 stuff. May wet a hook afterward w/ the barometer sliding down (weather slowly moving in for tomorrow). Love this damn country. :D: