wish2no

Oregon Senate Bill 501 - 20 Rounds per month plus many other really bad restrictions

Link to bill:  https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501/Introduced

From Oregon Firearms Federation

20 rounds a month. That's all you will be able to buy if the Democrats in Salem have their way. And you'll need a background check to get those. You'll also need a permit to simply buy a firearm.  And there's a lot more.
We have posted the gun bills introduced so far. You can see them all here.
As we predicted, 2019 is going to be a very hostile year for gun owners in the Beaver State. So roll up your sleeves folks, we are in for a hell of a fight.
We will keep you posted as these bills move and are added to. But for now, if you'd like to express your feelings about SB 501 you can contact its sponsors:  
Senator Rob Wagner
503-986-1719
Sen.RobWagner@oregonlegislature.gov

WOW!!!!    I really hope some of this crap will be challenged in court.  

As President Reagan said, (to paraphrase) America is never more than one generation away from tyranny. 

I am continually amazed at the character of people today, and how much it differs from the gritty and fiercely independent men and women of just a generation or two ago.  

WOW. They want to limit magazines to 5 rounds.

1 hour ago, youngod said:

WOW!!!!    I really hope some of this crap will be challenged in court.  

I really hope it is challenged on the courthouse square with rope and a who's who of Oregon politicians as the guests of honor.

Seriously the Constitution needs to have some teeth, even suggesting something like this should result in the interment of those suggesting it.

• Like 2

"They".............the Libretards............don't believe in the Constitution, so there's no way to use it as leverage in a discussion about firearms.  It means nothing to them, just as religion and morals mean nothing to them.

• Like 1

If it passes, it will be challenged. If it is upheld, I will not comply. I predict massive civil disobedience, and DA's that refuse to prosecute the cases, if any arrests are made. 

• Like 1

Wow!!!!  Hope none of this gets thru

Wish, Texas is still here..

2 hours ago, Snake46 said:

Wish, Texas is still here..

thats a BOLD statement considering BEVO the butthead came so close in Texas....

Austin is the New SanFran....  Texans better beware

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, Pepper said:

If it passes, it will be challenged. If it is upheld, I will not comply. I predict massive civil disobedience, and DA's that refuse to prosecute the cases, if any arrests are made. 

Hope you are correct!

Thankfully this bill is now dead, though we have many others to fight as well.  

That is good news that the bill is now dead.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, adair_usmc said:

Thankfully this bill is now dead, though we have many others to fight as well.  

Where did you find this info that the bill is dead?

I see now the REPUBLICANS are trying to pass a bumpstock bill.  When will it all end?

I was also thinking, had the bill passed and became law it would have made law enforcement persons vulnerable and endanger them.  If you were going to be a felon for owning one of these outlawed guns I would imaging some would chose to fight it out rather than go to jail.  For example if you were carrying and got pulled over, you know you are going to be fined and go to prison I would suspect there are those who would shoot without warning and go on the run for as long as possible.  Just saying, this could be a terrible consequence of having such draconian laws.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, wish2no said:

Where did you find this info that the bill is dead?

I see now the REPUBLICANS are trying to pass a bumpstock bill.  When will it all end?

I was also thinking, had the bill passed and became law it would have made law enforcement persons vulnerable and endanger them.  If you were going to be a felon for owning one of these outlawed guns I would imaging some would chose to fight it out rather than go to jail.  For example if you were carrying and got pulled over, you know you are going to be fined and go to prison I would suspect there are those who would shoot without warning and go on the run for as long as possible.  Just saying, this could be a terrible consequence of having such draconian laws.

I read an article that it was locked up in committee, and won't make it out. There are others that are going to be heard that are going to be a PITA, but this was the worst one.