MontanaLon

Illinois "Assault Weapons Ban" Bill filed

http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=108&GA=101&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=107&GAID=15&LegID=115114&SpecSess=&Session=

Interesting wording. Firearms used expressly for hunting are specifically exempted. 

What needs to happen is for tomorrow morning 5 or 10,000 people need to show up at the Senator's home and maintain a vigil. If it gets passed and signed then we need to have 5-10,000 at everyone who voted for its' home with a rope. There aren't enough cops in the state to protect them all. Not by a long shot.

Does hunting people count????

If I lived there I would be there.

How are they going to tell which rifle I don't use expressly for hunting ?

That will never fly on vagueness alone. 

The problem is there isn't a state militia made up of the people to arm themselves and stand up against the tyranny . I don't mean we/ they need an anti government bunch of Waco's like Holley weird portrays all militias to be I mean law abiding citizens who demand their second amendment rights . One more SCOTUS appointee and I say We the people need to make a stand . Trump will have to stand with us or forget being reelected and go down in history as a failure .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

The problem is there isn't a state militia made up of the people to arm themselves and stand up against the tyranny . I don't mean we/ they need an anti government bunch of Waco's like Holley weird portrays all militias to be I mean law abiding citizens who demand their second amendment rights . One more SCOTUS appointee and I say We the people need to make a stand . Trump will have to stand with us or forget being reelected and go down in history as a failure .

Yeah but in all seriousness if we began forming these I almost guarantee you they toss words like terrorist or civilian threat.
Scares the hell out if me thinking what could happen.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

On 1/25/2019 at 7:04 AM, ozarkpugs said:

That's why Trump, Lindsey Graham, and the rest of our beloved  Political Class Republicans are going to give money to the States to make their own control laws.

They will be tied up in State and Appeals Court for years before they ever get to SCOTUS, while they finish disarming of us of every effective weapon we have.

They are using a stepped action Australian model.  Both Parties.  The Republicans so many love so much included. 

The Federal government has plans to do many things The People are not going to put up with. Like keep the border open to drive down labor costs, the same reason Trump will grant amnesty if re-elected. 

Some folks are not paying attention how the gun grabbers are turning State's Rights" against us to get their disarmament policies completed. The Feds will feed them the PR and Court cost funds to make sure the gun grabs are successful. They will be using Federal troops. 

The republicans are after our guns too. Don't doubt me.  To promise them our votes ahead of time is a HUGE mistake. 

As far as Illinois in concerned,  an AWB ban is going to get interesting, especially when they get down South. 

They are going to have to use Federal Troops. The vast majority of Sheriffs down here won't have anything to do with it, except to speak out against it. 

I know everyone needs to be concerned with their own States, but since Illinois is a perfect example of a gun friendly State except for the urban centers, this would be a perfect battleground, and a centrally located State where we could use support from gun owners all over the middle of the Country and the mid-South.  Having an enormous number of bodies show up to let the Political Class know what a hornet's nest they are stirring up would be effective, just as I have been saying for years. But the more sophisticated among us consider attending a pro-gun rally "LAME".  Please consider it. Lon has his finger on the pulse, so please watch for his announcement of rallies in Illinois, and consider joining us in a show of unity.  Lon is correct. The only way we are going to stop this is with huge rallies. We need literally millions of bodies. Please help us nip this in the bud. 

I am renewing my GOA membership, and will be pushing hard for them to organize a rally for Washington D.C. .  I think we can get enough people to shut the City down, and I think the GOA should reach out to pro IIA truckers who can help us isolate D.C., like they did back in the 1980's.  The Political Class firmly believes that the time is right to disarm us. It is going to take us showing up in various locals in very large numbers to convince them that they are wrong.  

If this snake does not rattle a warning, there is no doubt it will be tread into the dirt.

I ask you all to give this some thought, and decide exactly what The IIA, as the Constitution defines it,  means to you. What is it worth to you ? 

If you can't/won't stand with us, consider sending money when the rallie dates firm up so that we can help people with transportation, food, water, sanitation, etc. 

That's why Trump, Lindsey Graham, and the rest of our beloved  Political Class Republicans are going to give money to the States to make their own control laws.
They will be tied up in State and Appeals Court for years before they ever get to SCOTUS, while they finish disarming of us of every effective weapon we have.
They are using a stepped action Australian model.  Both Parties.  The Republicans so many love so much included. 
The Federal government has plans to do many things The People are not going to put up with. Like keep the border open to drive down labor costs, the same reason Trump will grant amnesty if re-elected. 
Some folks are not paying attention how the gun grabbers are turning State's Rights" against us to get their disarmament policies completed. The Feds will feed them the PR and Court cost funds to make sure the gun grabs are successful. They will be using Federal troops. 
The republicans are after our guns too. Don't doubt me.  To promise them our votes ahead of time is a HUGE mistake. 

As far as Illinois in concerned,  an AWB ban is going to get interesting, especially when they get down South. 
They are going to have to use Federal Troops. The vast majority of Sheriffs down here won't have anything to do with it, except to speak out against it. 
I know everyone needs to be concerned with their own States, but since Illinois is a perfect example of a gun friendly State except for the urban centers, this would be a perfect battleground, and a centrally located State where we could use support from gun owners all over the middle of the Country and the mid-South.  Having an enormous number of bodies show up to let the Political Class know what a hornet's nest they are stirring up would be effective, just as I have been saying for years. But the more sophisticated among us consider attending a pro-gun rally "LAME".  Please consider it. Lon has his finger on the pulse, so please watch for his announcement of rallies in Illinois, and consider joining us in a show of unity.  Lon is correct. The only way we are going to stop this is with huge rallies. We need literally millions of bodies. Please help us nip this in the bud. 
I am renewing my GOA membership, and will be pushing hard for them to organize a rally for Washington D.C. .  I think we can get enough people to shut the City down, and I think the GOA should reach out to pro IIA truckers who can help us isolate D.C., like they did back in the 1980's.  The Political Class firmly believes that the time is right to disarm us. It is going to take us showing up in various locals in very large numbers to convince them that they are wrong.  
If this snake does not rattle a warning, there is no doubt it will be tread into the dirt.
I ask you all to give this some thought, and decide exactly what The IIA, as the Constitution defines it,  means to you. What is it worth to you ? 
If you can't/won't stand with us, consider sending money when the rallie dates firm up so that we can help people with transportation, food, water, sanitation, etc. 
People often say get the heck out of that state and move to a free state . I heard that a lot 20 years ago when Mo. Was not very gun friendly now it's one of the most gun friendly .____ You are right ,if people stand up and be counted they can turn things around not only in Illinois but nation wide . ____ Their bump stock now is your AR soon and my revolver eventually .

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norsefarrier said:

Yeah but in all seriousness if we began forming these I almost guarantee you they toss words like terrorist or civilian threat.
Scares the hell out if me thinking what could happen.

So we just give up our rights ?

I hate to tell you but their goal is to either take your guns  or make you a felon.

Saying it is better to keep our mouth shut while the Political Class destroys the capabilities of the Constitutionally defined Militia,

and turns us into felons by either requiring the registration of,  and/or making them illegal is absurd.  I don't think you have thought this through, brother.

Are you blessed with children or grandchildren ? 

If you are afraid of organizing, and using your Right to Assemble, what do you suggest  ?    Close our eyes and hope it all goes away ?  

BTW:   A hearty welcome to the Armory !   You have found the best gunboard on the interweb. 

John

• Like 1

So we just give up our rights ?
I hate to tell you but their goal is to either take your guns  or make you a felon.
Saying it is better to keep our mouth shut while the Political Class destroys the capabilities of the Constitutionally defined Militia,
and turns us into felons by either requiring the registration of,  and/or making them illegal is absurd.  I don't think you have thought this through, brother.
Are you blessed with children or grandchildren ? 

If you are afraid of organizing, and using your Right to Assemble, what do you suggest  ?    Close our eyes and hope it all goes away ?  

BTW:   A hearty welcome to the Armory !   You have found the best gunboard on the interweb. 
John

No you don't give it up. Idk, its me and I see alot of radical on every spectrum.
I'm all for mobilizing into a ready militia but at the same time I can promise you there are very quick lit extremists here. Someone already pointed out Waco.
Not exatcly the same scenario but the effects would be.
Am I afraid if voicing and defending my opinion? No absolutely not. Thats why I own, carry, and support my local organizations and NRA.

What I am afraid of is a well intended meaning group be labeled like the IRA.
Again, not the same scenario but the situation fits.