Sign in to follow this  
gshayd

The 300 RUM Chronicles

Well a new gun/old gun shop reopened right down the road from me. Talked to them and looked at some work they did on barrels threading them for a brake. A1 work. He is going to break the rifle down for me to have the muzzle threaded. It will have a Fat bastiage Gen 2 self timing brake put on it to take the savage beast as it comes in close to the 338 Papua Magnum for abuse of the shoulder. It had a bolt on muzzle brake. It worked but I hate having to check it every time.

• Like 1

My buddy has a Rem 700 .300 rum with no brake. Feels like getting hit with a 4lb sledge. I shot it 4 times at the range and I was done lol. 

My Brother has a 300RUM with a super nice brake, his  300RUM has less kick then my 6.8 SPC AR.... :segrin: maybe a little exaggerated but needless to say, its fun to shoot with that brake.

• Like 1

Amazing two folks in a row who agree and I make three :segrin:

The Barrel came back from the gunsmith Saturday they are going to put my rifle back together and the first of the month I will order the Fat bastiage Brake.

Barreled Action came back last week. The new gun store had a grand opening so I told him to take his time. The barreled action muzzle brake threading was excellent. Ordered a APA Gen 2 Fat bastiage Self Timing muzzle Brake.

• Like 1

It appears my trigger got damaged in the shipment. The store is replacing it since it was insured. Hopefully my muzzle brake will be in.

• Like 1

The trigger is in and they purchased a nice Timeny Trigger instead of putting a factory trigger in  :banger:

• Like 1

A nice Timeny Trigger set at 2 lbs with the wide trigger.... I think I am going to send another rifle out for threading  and let the UPS man mes the trigger out.

• Haha 1

I am hoping I get to come to the shoot and Red does too. I have something I want to share with him. If I make it and you want to shoot the beast bring some commercial 300 RUM Ammo no reloads  :( sorry

kKWjlKN.jpg

9QKeFPF.jpg

It's coming to the shoot. If you want to try it bring some .300 RUM Ammo

I got a gun shop near my house to order me some. It comes to the shop in a big shipment of goods and I get to pay $0 for shipping.