Bought an inexpensive toy to try out this year......scope mounted cell phone holder.....I have some tests to run with it and just getting it dialed in will be fun.

The pdog splat videos are a comin'

o1RIB6A.jpguXQlNXD.jpg

• Like 1

Oh   :yesss:

This is is going to be awesome!

Mind giving a link or details to the item?

Here is what I got.....it's all metal with plastic mount screws so it won't scratch the scope.

https://www.amazon.com/SOLOMARK-Adapter-Smartphone-Mounting-System/dp/B07DN65H7Q

The picture on the phone in that link fill the field of view on the phone....that is not how it looks for sure....my pics are with the phone zoomed in a bit.

1 hour ago, towtruck said:

Here is what I got.....it's all metal with plastic mount screws so it won't scratch the scope.

https://www.amazon.com/SOLOMARK-Adapter-Smartphone-Mounting-System/dp/B07DN65H7Q

The picture on the phone in that link fill the field of view on the phone....that is not how it looks for sure....my pics are with the phone zoomed in a bit.

Very cool!

Just wondering how that would affect cheek weld, etc for long range shooting...

would also be cool for nailing steel long range.  (1,000 yards or so).

Or maybe a 3" steel place at 400 yards :laugh:

Wow, That's pretty cool.

9 minutes ago, newbe said:

Just wondering how that would affect cheek weld, etc for long range shooting...

would also be cool for nailing steel long range.  (1,000 yards or so).

Or maybe a 3" steel place at 400 yards :laugh:

I have not sat behind  gun yet to see but I do believe it will be a heads up shooting position.  recoil management will be key. I need to set up my sniper chair and give it a test drive.

• Like 1

I tried one a while back. The phone holder was the weak link in the setup I got.

I've since adapted it to accept my regular Sony digital video cam.

Shame that the system didn't work well originally, 'cause my phone took pretty good pics through the scope, like this one (@ 100yds w/rifle in the sled).

KeyrWWt.jpg

• Like 1

As long as I take my phone out of it's safety box it works pretty well...so far....Seems nice and solid. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, towtruck said:

As long as I take my phone out of it's safety box it works pretty well...so far....Seems nice and solid. 

You're tempting me to get one....

34 minutes ago, newbe said:

You're tempting me to get one....

Let's see how it works when the trigger is pulled. I did just set it up on the Savage and there is no way to shoulder the gun and see the phone. I will have to put the butt against my chest or just let it ride the bags and hold it. Seeing the phone screen out in daylight and picking out the cross hairs may prove tricky too. I think it would work great on a spotting scope or second rifle and let the shooter do his thing.  We will have to play with it come pdog time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, towtruck said:

Let's see how it works when the trigger is pulled. I did just set it up on the Savage and there is no way to shoulder the gun and see the phone. I will have to put the butt against my chest or just let it ride the bags and hold it. Seeing the phone screen out in daylight and picking out the cross hairs may prove tricky too. I think it would work great on a spotting scope or second rifle and let the shooter do his thing.  We will have to play with it come pdog time.

I like the idea of putting it on a spotting scope.

2 minutes ago, newbe said:

I like the idea of putting it on a spotting scope.

I think when we are sage rattin' it would work great to have it on the other bench next to the shooter and record hits so there is no recoil in the shot. As long as the eye piece on the spotting scope is the size of a rifle scope it will work...otherwise we will have to set it up on a scope with high magnification to get the best out of it. 

• Like 1

That is interesting. I have seen anything like that before. But that is not saying too much about me.

• Haha 1