Flesh Wound

Like rabbits I tell ya! Rabbits!

What am I blathering on about? 22 cal rifles. Ruger 10/22 specifically. Over the summer I bought a decent used 10/22 with a funky stock at a pawn shop.

Before:

ltr.jpg

After:

ltr2.jpg

So after replacing the barrel, stock, trigger group, mag release, recoil buffer etc and adding a new take-off bolt assembly as a spare I have everything I need to build another 10/22 but the receiver.

So in steps Brownell's with a sale. So I bought this:

p_078000430_2.jpg

Reg $90 on sale for $70 plus free shipping. (Brownell's did charge a $10 FFL fee) :screwloose:

I'll pick up the new receiver tonight. Put all the new parts on the green rifle and return the old rifle to it's original configuration... :screwloose:

I do like the looks of that 2nd one!

10/22's are like the AR of the rimfire world. Not safe to have too many "spare" parts kicking around, 'cause they end up morphing into another gun.

• Like 1

I really wanna get me a 10/22 Charger and throw a brace on it, give it a 4.5" barrel, and suppress. 

Nice!!

I bought that same receiver last year for my custom 22. I had originally used the 50th anniversary rifle as the donor rifle. That action is an excellent choice for the price. I was debating whether or not to buy 2 more.

You keeping that funky stock?......    just asking for a friend.....

1 hour ago, towtruck said:

Now you know that thing is probably illegal in California.  It'll turn that 10/22 into a fully semi-automatic with 30-round magazine clips that will let that thing shoot 30,000 rounds a second.  

2 hours ago, towtruck said:

I call BS! You don't have friends! Although I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. Ideally I'd like to find an original stock of some sort without having to invest any more cash.

18 minutes ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

Now you know that thing is probably illegal in California.  It'll turn that 10/22 into a fully semi-automatic with 30-round magazine clips that will let that thing shoot 30,000 rounds a second.  

Out to 1,500 meters!

:lol:

Nice! You can never have too many .22's.

I’ve never owned a 10/22....

1 hour ago, BoomerG20 said:

Blasphemy....

There are three things in life every man must own....a revolver, a 10/22, and a cowboy hat. :segrin:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, towtruck said:

Blasphemy....

There are three things in life every man must own....a revolver, a 10/22, and a cowboy hat. :segrin:

I got 2 of those covered....:thumbs2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BoomerG20 said:

I used to say that.  I have a Marlin Model 99, made in 1959, that for decades did everything i wanted it to do.  It started showing it's age, and it was time to give a well deserved rest. 

So I got a 10/22.  It was a real POS.  I could hit shat with it.  I put it in the closet and didn't shoot it.  I finally took it out and took it to Clark's and let them work some of their magic on it.  It's now one of my favorite guns to shoot.  

• Like 1