Jump to content
jchtrh

Knife making tools

Recommended Posts

I made a center knife scribe, grinding jig for my thinner blades, grinding .09” steel. Spine is .09”, grinder to .025”.

 

C041535F-8126-42EE-AF5B-CC3354483C78.jpeg

C0337FAC-41A8-4E6A-A705-84A23E10CA10.jpeg

48F5924C-E3FC-4BCC-AD4C-2F49EF4D0CE5.jpeg

9AED4BD3-DC02-498E-8925-8739190D53C1.jpeg

D9605ED7-C36B-4DF5-A3E0-3E2A25D579EB.jpeg

EDA1FE18-8C68-4287-AA9D-4BD81F00B419.jpeg

2DA82E39-B691-4583-8467-908D145C4BAA.jpeg

38322A8F-5B1C-45A5-8F30-C4D109160211.jpeg

07C60B38-E07A-4676-ACD5-E178B2379799.jpeg

28BD275D-2791-4288-9E98-001A24FFCD26.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sweet... How much are the Ulus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 4:58 PM, gshayd said:

sweet... How much are the Ulus?

Depends on the model and handle material. Sorry for th elate reply, hard to keep track of my threads or posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jchtrh said:

Depends on the model and handle material. Sorry for th elate reply, hard to keep track of my threads or posts!

no biggie I'm retired got plenty of time now.  I like the Grey handle model.

Edited by gshayd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one heck of a pizza cutter! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 5:28 AM, Casper said:

That's one heck of a pizza cutter! :laugh:

You wonder where that idea came from! Most tourist type ulus are only good for one thing, you just named it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 3:28 AM, jchtrh said:

I made a center knife scribe, grinding jig for my thinner blades, grinding .09” steel. Spine is .09”, grinder to .025”.

 

C041535F-8126-42EE-AF5B-CC3354483C78.jpeg

C0337FAC-41A8-4E6A-A705-84A23E10CA10.jpeg

48F5924C-E3FC-4BCC-AD4C-2F49EF4D0CE5.jpeg

9AED4BD3-DC02-498E-8925-8739190D53C1.jpeg

D9605ED7-C36B-4DF5-A3E0-3E2A25D579EB.jpeg

EDA1FE18-8C68-4287-AA9D-4BD81F00B419.jpeg

2DA82E39-B691-4583-8467-908D145C4BAA.jpeg

38322A8F-5B1C-45A5-8F30-C4D109160211.jpeg

07C60B38-E07A-4676-ACD5-E178B2379799.jpeg

28BD275D-2791-4288-9E98-001A24FFCD26.jpeg

 

Gettin' ready to make my own angle grinding jig.  They sure do make it easier.

 

Those Ulus sure look good.  Best skinnin' knive ever made!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris645 said:

 

Gettin' ready to make my own angle grinding jig.  They sure do make it easier.

 

Those Ulus sure look good.  Best skinnin' knive ever made!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chris645 said:

 

Gettin' ready to make my own angle grinding jig.  They sure do make it easier.

 

Those Ulus sure look good.  Best skinnin' knive ever made!

 

Thank you

 

8 hours ago, Joel74 said:

 

 

 

Great movie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excellent!   great job James :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×