bj139

Polish Pilots

Coolest video I've seen in a while.

• Like 2

Thank you, bj139..........................I watched it in it's entirety and enjoyed every minute of it.  I had no idea the Polish were involved in that manner...........so was totally unaware of their incredible success.  True shame they were denied the opportunity to revel in the limelight after the war because of Britannia's desire to be politically correct and not offend Stalin.   (who should have been executed himself!)

I saw that film some time ago. Those Poles were without question a bunch of hard-ass real men. 

God Bless'um.

• Like 2

This reminded me of the movie Patton where he wanted to liberate eastern Europe from the Soviets at the end of the war.  Politics.

303 Squadron was legendary.  The sad thing is the way they were treated after the war.  I did not know the Poles were excluded from the post war celebrations.  How short Brittan’s memory was back then.  I guess Stalin’s were bigger than Wiston’s or Harry’s.  That was not right, and the Poles had a right to be PO’d.  Regardless, those boys sure could fly!  And to rack up the number of kills they had in Hurricanes; really most impressive.

Edited by ewallover
Can’t spell

I hope that the Trump Administration is paying attention to Poland's strategic importance. 

The have been with us every step of the way since the fall of the Iron Curtain, and with the right tools,

they could and would do even more. 

I can assure you that the Poles on my Mom's side of the family, and those on my wife's father's side 

were and are real men.  I don't think Poles today need to be reminded what it is like to live under tyranny,

and their geographical position between 2 much larger powers has been devastating.

I have heard the actual radio transmissions of the Polish Resistance making their last stand in Warsaw,

and it is still difficult to listen to even from so long ago, because they believed that help was coming. 

I am looking forward to watching the video.

I have traveled Poland quite a bit even been on their military bases. 

As far as I'm concerned, it is the only country in Europe that likes Americans.  They see us their rescuers from the Russians.  They go out of their way to make Americans welcome there. 

I thought it was priceless when the group leader flew spy on them to see why they were claiming so many kills.

Everytime he was inching up on a Messerschmitt, a Pole would cut in front of him and shoot down his Messerschmitt.  :yukyuk: