scotto

First Nations man breaks 100-metre Lip Point record

Lawrence Guimond, 32, has broken the world record for the 100-metre Lip Point on Sunday, after successfully directing his son to get his wallet on the dresser in his bedroom while seated in his truck in his driveway.

Lip Pointing, a non-verbal communication used in many Indigenous communities, involves pursing the lips to ‘point’ at something or someone.

“Let’s see, get my wallet, boy,” Guimond told his 10-year-old son when he was leaving his house.

When his son asked where it was, Guimond pointed with his lips towards his house and simply uttered ‘over there.’ So precise were his lips, witnesses said, that his son knew instantly that he was pointing at his dresser, which was in his bedroom.

Guimond’s Lip Pointing breaks a previous record held by Elsie Mukwa, 83. a northern Saskatchewan woman who successfully instructed her granddaughter to get her purse located 100-metres away on a counter.

https://walkingeaglenews.com/2018/02/20/first-nations-man-breaks-100-meter-lip-point-record/

Interesting. Who judges these rare occurrences to determine new records?

I'm trying to figure out whether to laugh or give a thumbs up! That's pretty effective lip pointing. 

Thanks for the chuckle.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, smb5769 said:

I'm trying to figure out whether to laugh or give a thumbs up! That's pretty effective lip pointing. 

It's okay to laugh.That's the point.

https://walkingeaglenews.com/about/

Disclaimer:

Sigh. Guess we REEEEAAAALLY have to do this.

Walking Eagle News is a work of satire, comedy and parody. Our many stories, while often drawn from real life or ripped from the headlines, are entirely fictional. Most Indigenous communities and people that are featured in our stories are made-up — unless they’re Canadian or Indigenous politicians, then we use their real names but make up quotes from them.

There.

Happy now?

On 2/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, smb5769 said:

:thumb::snicker:

256ae72f3ffcf98c9f78cfe415702907--frybre