Sign in to follow this  
Flesh Wound

My 10/22 "build"

Previously I posted photos of an older 10/22 I picked up in a pawn shop. Since it's purchase I've replaced a few things that I did not like about the rifle. I replaced the funky plastic folding stock (Pro-Mag I think) with a Magpul Hunter 22 stock. I really like this. I also bought a new 'take-off' barrel I found on FeeBay at a price I could not resist. Combine that with a new Ruger BX trigger along with some other new hardware.

After replacing these few parts I noticed I had nearly everything to assemble another 10/22. All I was lacking was a receiver and bolt assembly.

Recently Brownell's had a sale on their brand 10/22 receivers and I bought one of these with an integrated Picatinny rail.  This afternoon I set about swapping the new take-off barrel onto the new Brownell's receiver. I also scored a complete set of new hardware and bolt assembly that were also 'take-off' parts from a new unfired rifle. These were also installed.

So now I have what is essentially a brand new customized Ruger 10/22 more-or-less setup the way I really wanted short of spending real money on a Kidd or Volquartsen barrel. As I commented elsewhere holy cow you can spend real money on these rifles. I'm into this rifle as you see it for $351 and I have all the parts to reassemble the other 10/22 to the same configuration I received it in. 

ETA: I have yet to put a scope on this. I have a Simmons rimfire scope somewhere.... And I see one thing I really do not at all like with this receiver. Can you spot it?

IMG_0498.jpg

25 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

ETA: I have yet to put a scope on this. I have a Simmons rimfire scope somewhere.... And I see one thing I really do not at all like with this receiver. Can you spot it?

Can't see the irons over the rail?

11 minutes ago, Forsaken352 said:

Can't see the irons over the rail?

:winner:

Looks good

Nice.

Sweet FW.  That looks good.