I finally got around to taking some updated pics of my SHTF rig. A couple months ago, I upgraded my plate carrier to the AR500 Armor Testudo Plate Carrier (w/Level III 10"x12" curved plates). I also upgraded my leg rig to the Blackhawk USMC SERPA leg rig (for my Beretta 92FS, former Marine Corps service pistol).

Without SHTF AR-15

tnE4lRx.jpg

With SHTF AR-15

sY2AGNe.jpg

• Like 1

I'm really liking your setup, Tack.  I put together a 'war belt' awhile back, and while it's been great for helping to carry spare mags and stuff out to the range (home range), I can never keep it from shifting around on my body no matter how tightly I cinch the inner Cobra belt.  Meaning, any physically demanding activity would cause it to ride up on my waist and become a nuisance.   That's actually why I moved to a drop leg holster, adding another attachment point in hopes of keeping it more stable. 

It looks as if you've got your Serpa holster attached directly to the belt for your pants?  Might ultimately end up doing something similar to what you have.  Only thing is, I can eliminate the taco pouches for the rifle/pistol on the 'war belt' and utilize a chest rig or plate carrier for that purpose, but I do like to have a dump pouch.  Seems like it'd be a pain to have to undo a belt from your waist every time to attach/detach items.   Would like to know what you think is most comfortable/convenient setup?

Also, what do you think about any head gear?

Posted (edited)

No tourniquets or ifak?

No sling? 

at least your ar looks cool. 

Edited to add:

Also (from the picture) you might want to look into the next size smaller mechanics gloves.

Edited by Derk_digler24

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Forsaken352 said:

I'm really liking your setup, Tack.  I put together a 'war belt' awhile back, and while it's been great for helping to carry spare mags and stuff out to the range (home range), I can never keep it from shifting around on my body no matter how tightly I cinch the inner Cobra belt.  Meaning, any physically demanding activity would cause it to ride up on my waist and become a nuisance.   That's actually why I moved to a drop leg holster, adding another attachment point in hopes of keeping it more stable. 

It looks as if you've got your Serpa holster attached directly to the belt for your pants?  Might ultimately end up doing something similar to what you have.  Only thing is, I can eliminate the taco pouches for the rifle/pistol on the 'war belt' and utilize a chest rig or plate carrier for that purpose, but I do like to have a dump pouch.  Seems like it'd be a pain to have to undo a belt from your waist every time to attach/detach items.   Would like to know what you think is most comfortable/convenient setup?

Also, what do you think about any head gear?

In regard to the question I bolded, I have the holster on a separate belt that removes easily.

h1qR8Pa.jpg

As far as headgear goes, I have contemplated on getting a ATE® HHV Ballistic Helmet like this.

Ballistic Helmet ATE Tan

Edited by TackleberryMCS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Derk_digler24 said:

No tourniquets or ifak?

No sling?  

at least your ar looks cool. 

Edited to add:

Also (from the picture) you might want to look into the next size smaller mechanics gloves.

I have an IFAK. It is just not mounted as yet.

There is a sling. Vickers Blue Force. If you look, you can see the bluish-green pull tab in the crook of my left arm.

The gloves fit just fine.

Thank you for your concern.

Edited by TackleberryMCS

20 minutes ago, TackleberryMCS said:

In regard to the question I bolded, I have the holster on a separate belt that removes easily.

h1qR8Pa.jpg

As far as headgear goes, I have contemplated on getting a ATE® HHV Ballistic Helmet like this.

Ballistic Helmet ATE Tan

Does that belt velcro to the pants or something? Looks like it has some on the inside there.  If so, I LIKE that!  Certainly wouldn't go anywhere...

2 minutes ago, Forsaken352 said:

Does that belt velcro to the pants or something? Looks like it has some on the inside there.  If so, I LIKE that!  Certainly wouldn't go anywhere...

There is a Velcro system on the belt, but it is used for adjustment of the belt size.

Just now, TackleberryMCS said:

There is a Velcro system on the belt, but it is used for adjustment of the belt size.

Got'cha!  Appreciate your input.  I think I might be copying some of your kit some day.    Very nice!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forsaken352 said:

This is why cops use belt keepers.  Cheap enough to get and mounts the war belt rock solid to the regular pants belt.

As far as the pile on the inside of teh belt, some of it is there for adjustment, but it is lined the entire length for a Velcro belt that can be worn though the belt loops.  I ran one when I worked security and armored care.  I want say it does a lot but it will keep it in place while attaching belt keepers.

• Like 1

The dropleg holster seems to be sitting kind of low. If you have to move fast it's going to feel like a small bowling ball bobbing back and forth by your knee.

I try to run my holster up closer to my hip. It's a Safariland ALS holster attached to a UBL low belt mount. It's on an MLS cleat so I can swap holsters quickly. I still have a leg strap, but only one.

My plate carrier sits up a little higher so that my hard plates are centered on my vitals, and that allows me to get some stuff on my beltline. b71d7339b835fa2361d07dcacc349c38.jpg6f0e75c13010a8529b1a0830d9637d4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, TackleberryMCS said:

I have an IFAK. It is just not mounted as yet.

There is a sling. Vickers Blue Force. If you look, you can see the bluish-green pull tab in the crook of my left arm.

The gloves fit just fine.

Thank you for your concern.

Didnt see the sling, 

But as long as everything looks cool I guess your good to go. 

3 minutes ago, Derk_digler24 said:

Didnt see the sling, 

But as long as everything looks cool I guess your good to go. 

It is not a matter of looking cool. It is about function and accessibility. For me, everything is where I want it so that it functions well.

Just now, TackleberryMCS said:

It is not a matter of looking cool. It is about function and accessibility. For me, everything is where I want it so that it functions well.

Except for any tourniquets or medical,Got it, Looks cool though. 

On 3/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, TackleberryMCS said:

I finally got around to taking some updated pics of my SHTF rig. A couple months ago, I upgraded my plate carrier to the AR500 Armor Testudo Plate Carrier (w/Level III 10"x12" curved plates). I also upgraded my leg rig to the Blackhawk USMC SERPA leg rig (for my Beretta 92FS, former Marine Corps service pistol).

Without SHTF AR-15

tnE4lRx.jpg

With SHTF AR-15

sY2AGNe.jpg

Damn Professor, get out and roll in the dirt a little!  Those accessories look way too new!!!

Looking good my brother!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:thumb: