Sign in to follow this  
Snake46

ONE MORE TIME

:j-dub:

last May an attempt was made to reach Key West..was turned around in Mobile due to a system above Cuba that wasn't moving..leaving in the morning to try again and it will be the end of this quest, whether or not it's successful, and since leaving in a thunderstorm I'm hoping to leave most of the bad weather behind..

Staying on Marathon Key rather than KW, but I will be riding on down a couple of days..

Stay safe and have fun!

edit.....watch out for old people and their parents while your down there  :laugh:

Have a good trip

3 hours ago, towtruck said:

Stay safe and have fun!

edit.....watch out for old people and their parents while your down there  :laugh:

Since I'm old enough to be the old people's parent, maybe they better watch out for me..thanks..

Another retired guy that rides with me for past 12 years..we met at a Terlingua rally and turns out he lives about 2 miles from me..usually on his schedule as his wife still works, plus he's still a kid-just turned 70..me, my social calendar is open..

Made it!..KW's like a fire ant bed that's been kicked..rode by the Southernmost Point Buoy twice but impossible to park to make a picture with the bike..did get a pic of the end/beginning of Highway 1..in room in Marathon Key and will head out in the morning..probably track Gulf coast at least through Florida..

Can check the KW box now (won't be going back)..

Nice you made it!    

• Like 1

I'm jealous! Not only did you escape winter, but you're doing it in style. 

It's good to be the king..highly recommend retirement..:segrin:

Made it home a little before 4:00..3,492 miles..it was a great ride..Key West, not so much..

Long rides are great. But it's still good to be back home in your own bed! And it's good to have time to wash several states worth of bugs off your bike. 

Any other rides left on your bucket list? 

Yep, good to be home..Utah, Idaho and Wyoming probably the next (last?) long ride..been to Tahoe and now Key West and not going Northeast..maybe up TJ's way to ride the Dragon..4 or 5 day rides in between..Texas can keep you busy without leaving the State..

The dragon was too twisty for me. I enjoy the longer sweeping curves more, especially when filled with a lot less traffic and at higher speeds. I saw the dragon more as a bragging rights thing. Tj gets to ride it a lot, so I'm sure he hits it when it's empty. But every time we got going fast, there's was more traffic ahead. 

Blue ridge parkway was really nice: 

https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/motorcycles/

We went to the east coast through Virginia and it was a great trip. Everyone from the midwest thinks going east is too crowded, but it just takes planning and avoiding interstates. Lots of hills and green the way we went. And little traffic. 

Thanks..