gshayd

Purchased a LEO Traded Shotgun.

It is a Winchester 1300 LEO Gun. It was coated in FDE and looks nice. The price was reasonable. I ordered a Houge Overmolded stock with a 12" LOP for it. The one on it has seen some wear and tear. I also purchased a Bolt Cover to get Duracoated to a Matte Black as the current cover has some appearance issues. Everything is still functional and in very good Shape. I plan to build some faux Mirrors with a shotgun rack for the Hall and Entrance to spread them out so they will be handy to reach for in case of an emergency. I have a Maverick 88 that I purchased the birds head grip for. I keep it loaded with Aguila 1.75 inch buckshot and slugs. It holds over 10 +1 shells. I also have a Remington 870 Police Shotgun I have never shot. Plus a Remington 870 with a 16" barrel that needs to be put back together. I will build 3 fake mirror boxes. In the last one I will put my 9mm AR15 pistol with 4 33 round magazines. 

The Winchester 1300 will slam fire like the Ithaca Model 37................

Good to know....thanks. I had heard that companies had done something to keep them from doing that. I will def try that.

Posted (edited)

I got out the 0000 steel wool and a little frog lube and shined up the bolt it had a dingy dull spot. Ordered a Houge overmolded 12" LOP stock. A can of Matte Black Alumnahyde II for the bolt, trigger housing, and the pump rails The stock it came with was a little rough looking but serviceable. The Action is nice and smooth.

i2SO4C4.jpg?1

Edited by gshayd
  • Like 1

The stock was delivered by Amazon today on Sunday

Looks good.

I hit the Bolt Housing with some Matte Black Alumnahyde today. Letting it dry for at least 10 days and hitting it with another coat. will be doing the trigger group and rails also.

How does the alumnahyde hold up compared to cera-coat?

Congrats  :thumb:

Congrats.  I'm bad like that too.  When a gun deal presents its self, I'm weak.  When a really good one presents its self, I have no control at all. 

Posted (edited)

If you prep and let it cure its tough stuff. It hasn't chipped on my Ruger 10/22 and it has been hit and dropped a few times.

Edited by gshayd