AR15Armory.com

Prayers

adamr19745

5 hours ago, adamr19745 said:

They said it looks like i had a mini stroke ct showed no damage. Going to do other test to see what caused it.

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

TIA's are a sign of bigger and worse things to come, glad you got it checked out and are doing further testing. I am surprised they did not keep you overnight as a minimum as once TIA's start they normally want to monier you to make sure you don't have any more......

TIA's are a sign of bigger and worse things to come, glad you got it checked out and are doing further testing. I am surprised they did not keep you overnight as a minimum as once TIA's start they normally want to monier you to make sure you don't have any more......
They did im in ashville va

15 hours ago, adamr19745 said:

They said it looks like i had a mini stroke ct showed no damage. Going to do other test to see what caused it.

I think you dodged one bud.   good luck, and I hope they figure it out for you quick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adamr19745 said:

It was stress related and i didn't have any heart or brain damage. God definitely looked after me thank u all

Did they CT or sonogram your carotid arteries? My dad had a series of TIA's when he was my current age. He went to the ER and it resolved itself and the doctors said the exact same thing as you are hearing. He ended up driving himself to the Army hospital 20 miles away and going to the ER there. He is a bit stubborn and never even called anyone to let us know he was in the ER the first time.

He was talking to the doc there and had another one and said something really messed up to the doc and then right after that he was fine again. The doc brought out the sonogram machine and checked the carotid arteries. The one on the right was almost entirely blocked. While he was measuring the blood flow through it he watched a chunk of plaque break free from it. The doc had enough time to say, "Well, that is not good" before my dad was unconscious from the plaque blocking the artery into his brain. He was in the OR within 5 minutes and they started to work on him within 10. 

They had to do a temporary bypass of the artery from the left side to the artery on the right above the blockage. They opened him up from his collar bone to under his ear, clamped off the artery on both ends of the blockage and then sliced the artery open and roto rooted it. Crazy thing was my Dad was awake through the entire surgery. They needed him alert so they could tell if he was getting enough oxygen to his brain. 

Point being the CT didn't pick up the blockage as a blockage but the sonogram did. 

Glad things are well today. But seriously, be sure to have it sonogramed just to be safe.  

Did they CT or sonogram your carotid arteries? My dad had a series of TIA's when he was my current age. He went to the ER and it resolved itself and the doctors said the exact same thing as you are hearing. He ended up driving himself to the Army hospital 20 miles away and going to the ER there. He is a bit stubborn and never even called anyone to let us know he was in the ER the first time.

He was talking to the doc there and had another one and said something really messed up to the doc and then right after that he was fine again. The doc brought out the sonogram machine and checked the carotid arteries. The one on the right was almost entirely blocked. While he was measuring the blood flow through it he watched a chunk of plaque break free from it. The doc had enough time to say, "Well, that is not good" before my dad was unconscious from the plaque blocking the artery into his brain. He was in the OR within 5 minutes and they started to work on him within 10. 

They had to do a temporary bypass of the artery from the left side to the artery on the right above the blockage. They opened him up from his collar bone to under his ear, clamped off the artery on both ends of the blockage and then sliced the artery open and roto rooted it. Crazy thing was my Dad was awake through the entire surgery. They needed him alert so they could tell if he was getting enough oxygen to his brain. 

Point being the CT didn't pick up the blockage as a blockage but the sonogram did. 

Glad things are well today. But seriously, be sure to have it sonogramed just to be safe.  

They ct scaned my brain did ultrasound of my carotid ateries and my heart all looked clear and no buildup

• Like 1

I have had something like that. I remember puking  in a small trashcan I grabbed on the way out of the house. Left that sucker in the parking garage at the hospital. P.S. learn to chill if life gets rough take a break relax and worry less. Stress is not your friend. They can kill you but they can't eat you. Unless its AOC with those large toofs she has. Take time to enjoy the small blessings bro. 

Edited by gshayd
  • Like 1