Where are the best deals? I used to have a go to website for all my knife purchases but I can’t remember the name and my old computer, where I saved it, is dead. Looking for a new EDC I usually carry CKRT or Kershaw assisted folders, I’m not looking to spend a ton on a tool that will be used daily as a chisel, pry bar, gouge, hammer,  basically what ever I need at the moment. Thanks!

Do you use your firearm as a chisel or pry bar or whatever you need at the moment? 

23 minutes ago, gshayd said:

24 minutes ago, gshayd said:

Do you use your firearm as a chisel or pry bar or whatever you need at the moment? 

Knives are a multi purpose tool for me, I always carry two, one for work related duties, cutting zip ties, opening boxes, prying out o-rings, scraping material off manifold parts, etc and the other for defense. I sharpen my work knife at least twice a week and usually replace it every 4 or 5 months. 

jeP2PTf.jpg

the two on the bottom are “retired” work knives notice the serrations are almost gone on the kershaw, the top two are “carry” knives, I carried th Benchmade for 2 years until the pocket clip broke, I replaced it with the CRKT......

Nice knives. I too use a knife for whatever I need at the time. I carry three daily and use each one daily. The oldest is just a stub of a blade as it's been broken a few times. I prefer smaller  knives that lay in the pocket flat. 

11 hours ago, BoomerG20 said:

I carried th Benchmade for 2 years until the pocket clip broke, I replaced it with the CRKT......

Call Benchmade, they will replace the clip. I had one break on my HK licensed Benchmade and that's all it took to get a replacement. They offered to refurbish the knife if I sent it back.

DxzkGJm.jpg

ended up with a Cold Steel pro lite tanto for $23 shipped as my new “work” knife....

Posted (edited)

I've had a Cold Steel Pro Lite for years, and it's been a good knife.

VRzSf8M.jpg

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

Posted (edited)

Gerber is making a line of 30-40 buck knives with heavily "checkered" aluminum handles,

that offer a very secure grip, and are light enough for EDC.  The blade has held the edge well 

over the few years I have had it. 

Funny thing is, when I cleaned out my office, I found the Gerber I had misplaced and replaced with the current model.

Put a new edge on the older one with the electric sharpener I got for Christmas and it is GTG.

I prefer partially serrated blades for my EDC.

If you want a tank of a knife, Gerber makes a partially serrated Tanto style folder (no model # on it) with ergonomic serrations and reinforcements everywhere.

I am pretty sure you can beat it with a hammer to split wood, or to pry a charitable donation out of the Clintons.

I had bought it fro one of my sons, and saw he was not carrying it. He said it was just too dang heavy and thick. 

If you want a folder that will hold up like a fixed blade, this may be a good option, as long as you don't mind knowing you have a 

knife in your pocket with a clip as long as my Case pocket knife. My son was surprised when I saw it looking abused on his workbench, 

and told him to let me have it back and I would replace it with a more appropriate EDC. It cost too much to end up in a toolbox, but I later regretted

being an Elizabeth Warren giver....(I've never figured that expression out since it was the white man who ripped the Native Peoples off big time in North America.) 

He said he had no use for it, though...

https://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding/Torch-I-Knife_22-41584

This is as close as I could find to it on the Gerber site, and from reading some of the reviews, I believe I have the first version of this "Torch 1-Tanto G10.

It was designed by Rick Hinderer (whoever that is) and I assure you the knife in my hand does not weigh 3.2 ounces. More like 8 oz, and I am pretty sure it ran a bit more than 40 bucks. If you don't want to carry a sheath knife, but want a knife that has a thick blade and  and will do the heavy lifting with a monster lock up, try this that has a blade much closer to 4 inches, and an overall length of 8 1/4.  I wonder if the oval hole on the top rear is for a lanyard  ?  :laugh:

Now I have to find the correct model of the one I have so I don't go nuts.   :segrin:

"Every man should carry a sharp knife to cut with, and a pencil to cipher with." 

- Papaw    

Edited by Retcop

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2019 at 4:24 AM, Retcop said:

I am pretty sure you can beat it with a hammer to split wood, or to pry a charitable donation out of the Clintons.

:ROFLLMAO:

Edited by tommag

On 5/5/2019 at 12:26 AM, gshayd said:

That's pretty nifty.

I like the cat knife too. I did not know they make species specific knives for the kind of critter that needs doing in. 

23 hours ago, Retcop said:

That's pretty nifty.

I like the cat knife too. I did not know they make species specific knives for the kind of critter that needs doing in. 

You could get a reproduction boar spear to hunt wild hogs. Seems that they had to be designed with a crosspiece after it was discovered that if you used a regular spear they would just keep proceeding up the spear to get to the owner of said spear and ruin his day.