specops56

Storage Food Review: Canned Spaghetti Taste-Off - Round 1!

Storage Food Review: Canned Spaghetti Taste-Off - Round 1!

Canned spaghetti is another one of the popular foods to store when just getting started in prepping. We will be taste tasting every brand I can find to determine the best tasting brand just as we did for the canned chili and beef stew taste-offs.

Round 1:
SE Grocers 14.5 oz (BiLo) ………………… 0.89
Bon Italia 15 oz (Aldis) …………………….. 0.65

And the winner is……………. SE Grocers

Terry

Tastes like shat but keeps you alive!  I can eat almost anything in a survival situation but canned spaghetti is at the bottom of my survival pantry, lol.  My son could survive on Chef Boy Ar Dee forever and I eat it grudgingly.  My mom learned Italian from  real Italian lady so I am spoiled on properly cooked spaghetti.  What you get in a can is not properly cooked.

Spec, I can appreciate what your trying to do but I feel sorry for you and your stomach!  :cretin3:

I survived 10 years on Navy chow so my stomach just laughs at this! :laugh:

Terry

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Don't forget to do a canned Ravioli review.  Canned Sphagetti is one of those things you keep around in case you are hungry but don't feel like cooking or out in the woods hunting or fishing. I can eat anything cold since we couldn't always heat the C Rations. Now MREs is another whole story...lol. Although you can utilize the engine to heat canned stuff too.

Edited by gshayd

I'm thinking spices are your friends when it comes to canned foods. There aren't many that I've eaten that didn't get something added. Also, your favorite brand of hot sauce can help.

Been a very long time since I ate any canned spaghetti.  I think it was Chief-Boy-Ar-De brand.

Hot sauce is your friend....

1 hour ago, gshayd said:

Hot sauce is your friend....

My old pal......

9HBzfHS.jpg

Terry

11 minutes ago, specops56 said:

My old pal......

9HBzfHS.jpg

Terry

A hot sauce taste off? :whistling:

12 hours ago, specops56 said:

My old pal......

9HBzfHS.jpg

Terry

Yup I use that particular brand. I even put it into my batter for fried foods which I cook a few times a year.

12 hours ago, Joel74 said:

A hot sauce taste off? :whistling:

yes...  I recommend the Hot sauce from Hell the Devils Revenge. Might want to clear it with your doctor first.

1 hour ago, gshayd said:

yes...  I recommend the Hot sauce from Hell the Devils Revenge. Might want to clear it with your doctor first.

I like flavor and spice, not pain!

Terry

There is a hot sauce maker over on the coast that makes one of the best hot sauces I have ever tried. It has a very complex flavor that hits you first. Adds a nice spice to your food and then the heat comes on. Not a killer heat, but a good heat. I need to go back over there and try and find it again. Most hot sauces are just heat and one flavor....I like more than that. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, specops56 said:

I like flavor and spice, not pain!

Terry

It brings the pain ask me how I know...lol luckily there was a food counter near the vendor that sold milk. It had flavor now but I was a tad busy drinking some milk.

Edited by gshayd