towtruck

F18's all day

This weekend we have a big rodeo in the town south of me and it's also the kick off weekend for our big car show week. There was a small show and shine near the house that we visited to see a friend of mine's 1956 Chevy 210. It's an all original car. 

I live off to the side and about 2 miles south of our local airport and the jets have been practicing for two days over my house and doing fly overs today so we are getting our own air show today...gotta love it   'merica!

I could have taken pics of some nice hot rods but I only took one photo.....more 'merica!....

0Ocoqjv.jpg

• Like 1

Hey!  The thread title says, "F18s All Day" and you only took a picture of an old truck?  False advertising!  I demand my money back!

5 minutes ago, olfart said:

Hey!  The thread title says, "F18s All Day" and you only took a picture of an old truck?  False advertising!  I demand my money back!

My cell phone sucks so I could not get any shot of the jets....your refund is in the mail...:segrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, towtruck said:

This weekend we have a big rodeo in the town south of me and it's also the kick off weekend for our big car show week. There was a small show and shine near the house that we visited to see a friend of mine's 1956 Chevy 210. It's an all original car. 

I live off to the side and about 2 miles south of our local airport and the jets have been practicing for two days over my house and doing fly overs today so we are getting our own air show today...gotta love it   'merica!

I could have taken pics of some nice hot rods but I only took one photo.....more 'merica!....

0Ocoqjv.jpg

:drool5:

16 minutes ago, Pepper said:

:drool5:

There was another one there that was tricked out more....big block, tunnel ram,  open headers, all leather interior.....way over the top beautiful. I chose the red one as it was a nice driver. 

1 hour ago, towtruck said:

There was another one there that was tricked out more....big block, tunnel ram,  open headers, all leather interior.....way over the top beautiful. I chose the red one as it was a nice driver. 

One of my favorite pickups ever, was a 1972 Chevrolet C20 Cheyenne. 350, TH350, and 7 different colors. That thing drove like a Cadillac though, and I wish I'd have kept it and painted it. I admire the work and effort that goes into an over the top custom, but they're not for me. I win the lotto jackpot, I'd probably have something like that picture in the collection. That's a beautiful K20, and it looks like it was done just right. 

FA18's fun to watch, sure as long as you don't have to do the FOD walk down before they fly.

I love the 67-72 gen of Chevy trucks as well.  If I hit the Lotto, my dream truck would be a 72 K5 Blazer.  In the pick ups, the best would be a 72 big rear window with a 67 slant back hood, SWB, 1/2 ton.  Fleet side or step side either one.  Oh and it could be pulling my FA18 too.  Those jet jockeys have the best job in the world.  Someone pays them to have a good time screaming around in the sky all day long.  I used to travel thru Pensacola pretty often along US98 and it takes you pretty close to Pensacola NAS and it wasnt unusual to see the Blue Angels practicing.

Trivia Question:  Where were the Blue Angels conceived and where was the first operational headquarters?  Jacksonville (FL) Naval Air Station.  There is a retired Angels FA18 parked at one of the gates in full blue and yellow colors.  JAX NAS now is a P3 Orion(prop) and P8 Poseidon (jet) sub interdiction base and still serves as a stop over for the Navy if an aircraft carrier is staying off the coast for operations.  I live a few miles from the NAS so all kinds of aircraft are flying over the house.  One year the Angels Fat Albert C130 did a wing stand over the house during an air show.  Pretty impressive.  Being a pilot strapped in and looking out the front glass would be cool but being a crew member in the back would be a little hairy I think.