meh77gmc

Finally got one with no fliers!

This one is going in my wallet, because it was hard earned.  Hahaha!

50-yards, prone off a bipod.  Ruger 10/22 with FJ Pedersen polygonal barrel & Vortex Diamondback 4x24 FFP.

UjC6JE8.jpg?1

jHSUa1M.jpg?1

• Like 3

Nice!

That'll work! :thumb: 

Time to stretch it's legs a little, and see what it can do @ 100.

28 minutes ago, Longhair said:

That'll work! :thumb: 

Time to stretch it's legs a little, and see what it can do @ 100.

I agree, but I will have to wait until the neighbor isnt at home, because I only have 88 yards to use when they are home.

On 4/21/2019 at 3:02 PM, meh77gmc said:

I agree, but I will have to wait until the neighbor isnt at home, because I only have 88 yards to use when they are home.

What do you do put the target on their porch when they are gone?

Greg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GLShooter said:

What do you do put the target on their porch when they are gone?

Greg

Ha!  There are a few mobile homes on this property, and to stretch it past 88 yards I have to tape the target to the side of the neighbor's trailer.:hysterical3:

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 4:05 PM, meh77gmc said:

This one is going in my wallet, because it was hard earned.  Hahaha!

50-yards, prone off a bipod.  Ruger 10/22 with FJ Pedersen polygonal barrel & Vortex Diamondback 4x24 FFP.

UjC6JE8.jpg?1

jHSUa1M.jpg?1

After that, he came to be known as "Sweetness".    

On 4/21/2019 at 4:05 PM, meh77gmc said:

:thumb:

Very nice shooting!  

You're gonna make me go out and get some Center-X, aren't you?  :laugh:

6 hours ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

Very nice shooting!  

You're gonna make me go out and get some Center-X, aren't you?  :laugh:

It is some good ammo.  I believe the "SK Rifle Match" is identical to the Lapua CenterX ammo, and 7 cents/round cheaper too.  Samehead stamp, same factory, same oily film on the cartridge and the same nasty smell when fired.  Just cheaper.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, meh77gmc said:

It is some good ammo.  I believe the "SK Rifle Match" is identical to the Lapua CenterX ammo, and 7 cents/round cheaper too.  Samehead stamp, same factory, same oily film on the cartridge and the same nasty smell when fired.  Just cheaper.

From what I understand, it’s made at the same factory, but it’s not the same ammo.  I don’t remember what’s different about it, but there is a difference.  I’m thinking the powder is different, but I don’t remember exactly.  I’ve just been unable to let go of $120 for a brick of 22s.  :laugh:

2 hours ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

From what I understand, it’s made at the same factory, but it’s not the same ammo.  I don’t remember what’s different about it, but there is a difference.  I’m thinking the powder is different, but I don’t remember exactly.  I’ve just been unable to let go of $120 for a brick of 22s.  :laugh:

Yeah, I haven't bought it by the brick.  I've only bought 250 rounds of it so far. 

48 minutes ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

That is an interesting question to ponder. 

You would think with the tiny bit of powder in a .22 LR, that is seems like a small factor in being the cause of the hefty price.

Unless is it some unobtanium kind of magic sparkles, which is always possible.

More likely, IMHO, quality control or the way the consistency of the powder charge is assured could possibly slow the manufacture of the ammo

down, or be more labor intensive. 

It is my understanding that the most costly part of producing .22 LR ammo is the quality of the primer mix itself, and the process itself 

that the primer gets it in the right place in the right consistency so that it sets up perfectly so that each ignition is consistent and thorough. 

The most high priced .22 ammo I have ever bought was that Federal Match Load in 325 round boxes.  

During the time a few years back when the .22 ammo supply was scarce there was a selfless board member 

who set me up with some of this rare stuff from his personal stash.  From info here on the board it seemed as though the .22 drought 

lasted much longer in my ecosystem than some other places, and I was eager to try this ammo with my new MP AR .22. 

It's that kind of thing that makes this board so special, and I sure won't forget it. 

• Like 1

Lapua is too high priced for me. I will stick with  good ol CCI Standard Velocity