Longhair

Anyone Planning To Try The New Hornady A-Tip Bullets?

Just curious as to who might be planning to give 'em a whirl.

Crazy BC numbers! A bit spendy too @ $70/100. :ohmy:

:hysterical3:

Greg

$70 a 100 and then a $15 seating stem. Hmmm, I can see this being a hard sell. I see people buying 1 box and done.  My paycheck say's hell no.

• Like 1

............But you get a rag to wipe them off with. And the guy said the bullets go in the same hole every time.  How can you beat that!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, towtruck said:

............But you get a rag to wipe them off with. And the guy said the bullets go in the same hole every time.  How can you beat that!

So the shooters ability doesn't come into play? I'm getting some. I'll enter every match and tie will all the other people making a single hole!

• Haha 1

Is the aluminum supposed to be better than a Barnes all copper bullet because those are DAMN accurate and the same or less.

Shooting long range has become a game of reducing the number of variables as much as possible. This supposedly eliminates another big variable, while allowing them (Hornady) to juggle COG and COP as they dramatically increase BC. For a lot of LR/ELR shooters this will be a boon.

I would love to get my hands on a few, but unless you guys are feeling generous at Christmas time, I'll never see them.  :laugh:  That's over twice what the ELD-Ms are.  

For the price?

Right now that's a HELL NO!

Getting sequentially produced bullets sounds good but what happens when you run out? Then you get an entirely new series of sequentially produced bullets that you would have to start a new load development on. Of course if you like the bullet you could order 1000 next time and be done with development for awhile.

While I  doubt it really is that big of a deal in the real world why are they making it sound like it is? Make a quality bullet with high end components and higher than average tolerances then you have a bullet you can purchase and develop now and buy a new box in 6 months or 6 years and it will hit in the same place.

I am definitely not a great shooter and definitely not shooting matches for a paycheck but I do have some inexpensive bullets that, when I do my part, will stay well under an inch at 200 yds and that is fine for my needs...at least now.

That is just crazy expensive but I remember not to long ago buying Nosler partitions .30 cal 180 gr for almost $60 /100. That's another thing, what caliber/weight are $70/100 if they are .338 maybe that isn't so bad but if it's for .224 that's a different story.

Darrell

nope not at $71.00 a hundred. 

:don29:

I just saw these in the wild at my local benchrest supply shop. They are priced at $63.50/100 so that is not too  harsh.  I'll try some later when I play with my 6.5's and I'm sure a few 6 MM'swill go down range in my LBC.  Who knows maybe just the ticket for 1000 yards when it cools down to the 90's or so here but I will shoot some  of the other high BC pillss side by side at 200 yards as that is easy to set up at my club.

Greg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

I just saw these in the wild at my local benchrest supply shop. They are priced at $63.50/100 so that is not too  harsh.  I'll try some later when I play with my 6.5's and I'm sure a few 6 MM'swill go down range in my LBC.  Who knows maybe just the ticket for 1000 yards when it cools down to the 90's or so here but I will shoot some  of the other high BC pillss side by side at 200 yards as that is easy to set up at my club.

Greg

With these bullets, shooting that same hole in the dirt is going to have the Chinese scratching there heads wondering how bullets are coming from underground.

• Haha 1