oncewas

Thinking of new rifle too many choices, Help

I'm at at point where I want to get a high end rifle and have things down to either a BMC or a DD, so any advice any one can offer as to which way you lean please let me know. But of course my thinking doesn't end there, Next is 14.5 or 16 inch barrel? Any one have reason for either? Thanks guys really appreciate any help.

I think BCM or DD are fine choices......take your pick.    Short barrels have a purpose....but unless you need one for that purpose I would stick to standard lengths just for accuracy and velocity sake. 

Personally,  BCM and Daniel Defense make top-notch ARs. Either would be nice to own. That said, I own two BCMs (Jack Carbine and a Mid-16 Mod 2) and I really like them. I also use an assortment of BCM parts on several of my builds. As far as barrel length goes, I would recommend sticking with a 16". Unless you are going to get a tax stamp for a 14.5" barrel or pay to have an appropriate length muzzle device pinned and welded to it, there is no reason to have one.

One BCM I would recommend is the RECCE 16 MCMR.

https://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-RECCE-16-MCMR-Carbine-AR15-p/bcm-carbine-750-750.htm

Another would be the BCM RECCE 16 MCMR-LW

https://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-RECCE-16-MCMR-Light-Weight-AR15-Carbine-p/bcm-carbine-750-750-lw.htm

Here is the BCM Mid-16 Mod 2

https://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/Bravo-Company-MFG-BCM-MID-16-Mod-2-AR15-Carbine-p/bcm-carbine-750-133.htm

Here are my two BCMs.

K7hpKD2.jpg

as3oY54.jpg

Thank you both for your input. I was leaning BMC but decided to go AR10 instead. Just ordered a Springfield Armory Victor A10.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:41 AM, oncewas said:

Thank you both for your input. I was leaning BMC but decided to go AR10 instead. Just ordered a Springfield Armory Victor A10.

Wow, sweet!  Can I come over and play?  :) 

I actually hunt just South of you and come thru Live Oak if heading straight there.

Sure anytime. I go to Lake City to shoot at Lewis D. Whitaker Osceola Shooting Range.  Still waiting on the rifle to get here but the scope and mount came yesterday. 

10 hours ago, oncewas said:

Sure anytime. I go to Lake City to shoot at Lewis D. Whitaker Osceola Shooting Range.  Still waiting on the rifle to get here but the scope and mount came yesterday. 

We used to go Lake City quite a lot but stopped when they started renovations.  Are they back open now?  We always went very early on Sunday morning to avoid idiots* and the heat.  As the day goes on, more and more folks show up and some arent all that careful so we generally clear out by 10am.  At the moment I am without a personal vehicle so I cant make the drive over.  I hope to rectify that soon so I will hollar at ya and we can get together over there sometime.

*- When you see the grass plowed up 20' from the benches and holes in the block barriers on the rifle range I get nervous of the clientele.  With no RO's you depend on everyone being safe.  The earlier you get there, the better your chances are to avoid issues.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:44 AM, hlhneast said:

We used to go Lake City quite a lot but stopped when they started renovations.  Are they back open now?  We always went very early on Sunday morning to avoid idiots* and the heat.  As the day goes on, more and more folks show up and some arent all that careful so we generally clear out by 10am.  At the moment I am without a personal vehicle so I cant make the drive over.  I hope to rectify that soon so I will hollar at ya and we can get together over there sometime.

*- When you see the grass plowed up 20' from the benches and holes in the block barriers on the rifle range I get nervous of the clientele.  With no RO's you depend on everyone being safe.  The earlier you get there, the better your chances are to avoid issues.

I'm retired so I usually go during the week when few people are there. Haven't gone for a month or so dealing with serious illness and then death of my wife. But plan to start going back soon. If you want to meet up just let me know when and we'll make it work.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, LawDawg1911 said:

:photos:

It comes in tomorrow and I'll post pic then. 

3 hours ago, oncewas said:

I'm retired so I usually go during the week when few people are there. Haven't gone for a month or so dealing with serious illness and then death of my wife. But plan to start going back soon. If you want to meet up just let me know when and we'll make it work.

It comes in tomorrow and I'll post pic then. 

I hear ya brother.  My condolences and the hope for speedy recovery.  I will sure give you a hollar when I get the vehicle issue settled.

IMG_0965_zpszeto5r5l.jpg

a nice surprise

IMG_0967%201_zpsxiyf3p6i.jpg

This is how it came

IMG_0969_zpsdsnnv3eh.jpg

And this is what it it will look like

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 7:09 PM, oncewas said:

IMG_0965_zpszeto5r5l.jpg

a nice surprise

This is how it came

IMG_0969_zpsdsnnv3eh.jpg

Very SWEET!

On 5/15/2019 at 7:09 PM, oncewas said:

IMG_0965_zpszeto5r5l.jpg

a nice surprise

This is how it came

IMG_0969_zpsdsnnv3eh.jpg

Nice!

So I removed both the BIS and ordered a Magpul Bipod for M-LOK so I can use my Harris 1A2-BRM Bipod with it.  

Congratulations.

Greg