Dbltap22

Mil-Spec trigger shoe swap?

Is is possible to swap out the curved trigger shoe for an aftermarket flatface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen any straight just triggers for sale but if you could find one no reason you couldn't. Most straight blade triggers I've seen are in the FCG's or in the self contained drop in like Velocity that are nice and IIRC Elfman.

Greg

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/ar15-skeletonized-trigger-p/ar-bm-trigger-spring.htm

:whistling:

22 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

I have not seen any straight just triggers for sale but if you could find one o reason you couldn't. Most straight blade triggers I've seen are in the FCG's or in the self contained drop in like Velocity that are nice and IIRC Elfman.

Greg

I would do a little homework before I bought that one as the disclaimers bug me a little......

Here is another one......https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPFC-R

And another like the first....http://bullmoosetactical.com/BMT-AR-Skeletonized-Trigger_p_66.html  seems this one has the version 2.0 that fixes the hammer issues some were having.

• Like 2

It's only a matter of money..

Greg 

• Like 1

I'd avoid any issues and replace the entire FCG.

• Like 5

I probably will. I just jumped in the AR world and feel I made a solid investment in an little known, but fantastic brand. The trigger is fine. Keeping respectable groups considering the amount of trigger time I have with it. Coming from the glock world, there is a replacement part for anything. I finally tried out the apex trigger shoe on the OEM assembly. I assumed that countless manufacturers had already thought of a shoe swap for those who like the trigger but want a different finger feel.

I’ve felt flat face and they are alright. Standard bend is alright. I a small patch of grip tape on the trigger to help my muscle memory and to see if it helps with finger sliding until I reach a point where it’s not advisable in a deployed home defense situation. Until then... the grip tape is nice actually.

A novice question, but why don’t more manufacturers make divots where the ideal placement should be? I’m sure there are a thousand reasons seasoned shooters can give, but preference is preference.

Ideal placement will vary from shooter-to-shooter. Bigger finger, smaller finger lengths, hand size. All of that makes a difference. What works for you may not for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

Ideal placement will vary from shooter-to-shooter. Bigger finger, smaller finger lengths, hand size. All of that makes a difference. What works for you may not for me.

The same goes for the grooves in the hand grip on the AR and on handguns. Most don't even come close to being comfortable for me and my tiny hands.

Greg

That’s exactly my point. “There’s an app for that”. Sometimes the 3rd party nails it. Sometimes they reinvent the wheel.

I guess that’s where innovation plays in.

32 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

The same goes for the grooves in the hand grip on the AR and on handguns. Most don't even come close to being comfortable for me and my tiny hands.

Greg

That's why almost all of my AR rifles have Magpul grips.

There are some out there, not cheap, that let you adjust can't etc and with altered pistol grips you can really get the fit to you. In my sports trigger shoes are an anathema and are way off the table if they are of any size at all.

The adjustable lip on the grip is the best place for customization IMHO. We now can even move the grip rearward with an insert or going all out a chunk of wood and bonds can be downright righteous. 

Orthopedic handgun grips have been around for decades and when you get into space guns the sky is the limit. 

Greg 

1 hour ago, GLShooter said:

Greg

Don't work for my tiny hands either. And I'm not even a dirt shooter like you. :segrin:

1 hour ago, Flesh Wound said:

That's why almost all of my AR rifles have Magpul grips.

Mine have the BCM Gunfighter Mod 2 with the smallest backstrap installed. 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:00 AM, towtruck said:

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/ar15-skeletonized-trigger-p/ar-bm-trigger-spring.htm

:whistling:

I would do a little homework before I bought that one as the disclaimers bug me a little......

Here is another one......https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPFC-R

And another like the first....http://bullmoosetactical.com/BMT-AR-Skeletonized-Trigger_p_66.html  seems this one has the version 2.0 that fixes the hammer issues some were having.

Glad I ran across this post thanks! Been wanting to try one.