molineaux

sks Trigger groups expensive

I used to see these for sale at shows for around 35 bucks now 175 and up. Is it because of an import ban? What is going on with SKS and parts?

what is these?

There are what is these?  I guess there is no big demand for SKS triggers.

These trigger groups used to go for 30 to 40 bucks. Now they are sold out and if you find one its 150 or more. I see a few going for a bit less but it must be due to the import ban?  

2ns81nl.jpg        http://i65.tinypic.com/2ns81nl.jpg

Edited by molineaux

Not sure how the ban is hitting them but it could be that the supply has just flat run out.  I keep threatening to by an AK  but I happen to have one of the NORINCO SKS guns that was set up to take AK magazines. so have not had the real burn to get the real deal.  I did see onsey twosey parts but few full FCG's out there.  I think I'd hit a guns how if I had to have one at this point.

Greg

You can not go wrong with an SKS. All milled and as tough as nails.

• Like 1

I bought the SKS for my stepson back in 1993 or 94. He was tickled pink with it and came back to me on his passing.  IIRC it was like $129.00. I've personally never had much hankering for one as my dirt shooting needs have been met other ways. I've managed to sling some lead at steel with him back n the old days at 200 meters and never found them to be lacking on an 8" plate off hand.  I certainly wouldn't frown on one for SD. Of course I happen to have a couple AR uppers in the same chambering so it's not like I don't understand the round at all.

Who knows I might get a bug up my butt and drive up to J&G Gun Ranch and select a good one. Stranger things have happened.

Greg

I would not feel any issue with using a SKS for defense. Tough as nails, built like a tank and just shoots every time you pull the trigger. Not a good big game hunting gun but that is not what its for. I bet either the AK or the SKS up against any AR in torture test the AK and SKS will win every time. I am not saying the AR is no good its a great weapon but its not as bullet proof as the former.

• Like 1