MontanaLon

Younger generation, or why I pull my hair out some days

A store gets a new FFL so I sign it and scan it into an email and send it to the store to print off and post in the store.

5 minutes later I get a phone call from the store. Person on the other end says there is something wrong with the file can I send it again. 3 clicks later bam, they have another copy.

"OK wait until I open it up." I had scanned it as a PDF. "Nope, it is still messed up." I open the file on my end and the only thing I can see wrong with it is that it is upside down on the screen.

"I'm looking at it and don't see anything wrong with it, tell me what is wrong."

"Well, it is upside down."

"How is that a problem?"

"Well, when I print it off it will be upside down."

:facepalm:

"Go ahead and print it and we can fix it on the phone".

Computer hums in background.

"Ah, shat, nevermind, I am a dumbass."

It is an 8-1/2x11" sheet of paper. It pops out of the printer and you flip it right side up and boom! This was apparently new to them.

10 minutes ago, MontanaLon said:

A store gets a new FFL so I sign it and scan it into an email and send it to the store to print off and post in the store.

5 minutes later I get a phone call from the store. Person on the other end says there is something wrong with the file can I send it again. 3 clicks later bam, they have another copy.

"OK wait until I open it up." I had scanned it as a PDF. "Nope, it is still messed up." I open the file on my end and the only thing I can see wrong with it is that it is upside down on the screen.

"I'm looking at it and don't see anything wrong with it, tell me what is wrong."

"Well, it is upside down."

"How is that a problem?"

"Well, when I print it off it will be upside down."

:facepalm:

"Go ahead and print it and we can fix it on the phone".

Computer hums in background.

"Ah, shat, nevermind, I am a dumbass."

It is an 8-1/2x11" sheet of paper. It pops out of the printer and you flip it right side up and boom! This was apparently new to them.

You know how confusing Old World paper can be Lon.

• Like 1

Wow!

And "Yikes."

Should have told him to flip his monitor over....

6 minutes ago, BoomerG20 said:

Should have told him to flip his monitor over....

Or stand on his head.

Terry

Send him a bottle of white out and tell him to keep it next to his computer screen for typing errors. 

Shouuldn't this be in the "funnies"? This is a joke right? 'cause no one can be that clueless.

Darrell

You know they also put money on paper, right? It’s green, has a picture of a dead president in the middle on one side, and the number in the corner tell how much it’s worth...  If you have some and don’t know what to do with them, go ahead and send them to me (don’t fax them).

Thanks, I needed that this morning. That's hilarious!

Simply amazing.  :CONFUS12:

Matt

Did you hire him at your new store? :laugh:

2 hours ago, ScoutnUSA said:

Shouuldn't this be in the "funnies"? This is a joke right? 'cause no one can be that clueless.

Darrell

i can believe it.

We hired a young lady straight out of college, and I could not believe how oblivious she was to the ways

of the world, and how emotionally fragile she was. I gave a lot of thought to this, as I raised 2 daughters.

Nope, definitely something wrong with her.

Forget the educational system, did her parents spend zero time with her, or just not teach her anything about becoming an adult ? 

They might as well come packed  with bubble wrap.

4 hours ago, Retcop said:

i can believe it.

We hired a young lady straight out of college, and I could not believe how oblivious she was to the ways

of the world, and how emotionally fragile she was. I gave a lot of thought to this, as I raised 2 daughters.

Nope, definitely something wrong with her.

Forget the educational system, did her parents spend zero time with her, or just not teach her anything about becoming an adult ? 

They might as well come packed  with bubble wrap.

I didnt raise kids, John, I raised adults. No insulation or bubble wrap here.  They screwed up, they got it full blast.  They did good, all the praise I could muster.  Dinner every night at the table, talk about the day.  Encourage every hair brained idea of how they future would go. Help them with school projects and assignments and defend them against unfair treatment from school officials.   My biggest reward?  "I see what you were talking about now" when what I told them comes true.

I feel sorry for some of these children and young adults today.  Thankfully I will be dead or drooling in my soup when they take over the country.

I wonder how the employee reacts when his clothes come out of the dryer inside out?

• Haha 1

Turn the monitor upside down and it will print out right....lol