RedDawn

Ruger Mark IV Frame

I have a Mark IV 22/45 Lite and enjoy shooting it plus it’s so easy to clean. I came across a steal of a deal on a Target upper that I picked up to swap out back and forth. Now I’m looking for a frame to go with it but I’m coming up empty. I contacted Ruger but they don’t sell the frames only ... so that puts me to Volquartsen and when they are in stock at Midway or Brownells they are around $450. I added myself to a wish / want list at Wirthwein but I think that’s a shot in the dark since I haven’t heard anything. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated Thanks. 

No idea. Before Ruger announced the mkiv I asked the factory rep why they made the upper the serialized part. He didn’t have a good answer. With the mkiv they were starting with a clean slate and could have serialized the lower and made life easier for everyone to play mr potatohead  with it.  

• Like 1

No idea. Before Ruger announced the mkiv I asked the factory rep why they made the upper the serialized part. He didn’t have a good answer. With the mkiv they were starting with a clean slate and could have serialized the lower and made life easier for everyone to play mr potatohead  with it.  

That’s what makes it even harder to understand. The frame is not serialized so it’s like an accessory at that point so why is it not shipped to doors all over the USA blows me away. I can’t be the only one looking at this scenario.

When they first came out, I was talking the guys out at Clark’s Custom Guns, and they told me that the upper and the barrel are a single piece of steel.  That the barrel can’t be replaced without replacing the upper.  I was interested in buying a Mark IV until they told me that.  I may be wrong, or Ruger may have changed their design.  I’m just repeating what Clark’s told me.  

I know for fact there are people working on 3D printed MKIV lowers.

• Like 1

Interested let me know if this becomes reality please. This is great news. I’m sure it can be done since they are doing not Glock frames already. Keep me posted I’ll be first in line for beta testing if need be lol

1 hour ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

When they first came out, I was talking the guys out at Clark’s Custom Guns, and they told me that the upper and the barrel are a single piece of steel.  That the barrel can’t be replaced without replacing the upper.  I was interested in buying a Mark IV until they told me that.  I may be wrong, or Ruger may have changed their design.  I’m just repeating what Clark’s told me.  

I don’t believe that to be the case. I believe they may be pinned instead of threaded. But the extractor cut would be a beotch if it were 1 piece. 

You could put the word out on Rimfire Central for a frame. You just never know. Being a MK IV I believe your chances are VERY limited though.

Greg

BTW That's BS what Clark tod you.  Here is a video, over an hour ling for complete how to on doing the full disassembly of your MKIV

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=removing+uper+on+Ruger+MK+IV+pistol&qpvt=removing+uper+on+Ruger+MK+IV+pistol&view=detail&mid=EB53BC324CF50DD338F7EB53BC324CF50DD338F7&&FORM=VRDGAR

• Like 2

You could put the word out on Rimfire Central for a frame. You just never know. Being a MK IV I believe your chances are VERY limited though.

Greg

Thanks Greg I started the same question thread there as well. That’s what I’m betting on that someone stumbles on the thread and says they need to get rid of the extra one they have. I’m thinking my chances of hitting the lotto are slightly better. LoL

18 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

When are you gonna finish yours ?   :segrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retcop said:

When are you gonna finish yours ?   :segrin:

Unfortunately since I don't own a MKIV the chances are close to never. Even if the files become available.

39 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

Unfortunately since I don't own a MKIV the chances are close to never. Even if the files become available.

Just chain yanking.

I would not put anything past you with that gizmo !