Jump to content
Pepper

My new ride...

Recommended Posts

On 2/28/2020 at 1:19 AM, kobelup said:

 

 


Don’t worry to much about dings and stuff. My wife tried to drive my 3 day old Jeep through the front of our garage. Shortly after I got steel bumpers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

 

 

I see your "wife drove into garage"... and raise you...."my wife backed her SUV into the side of my truck." 

 

In our own driveway no less. Her car has a backup camera too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:26 AM, Pepper said:

So about the time you posted that, the wife gave it it's first damage. She backed it into a pole at my daughter's softball practice, tweaked the back bumper, and dinged the tailgate. She's mortified, and while I'm not excited about it, figure accidents happen. This is her first "at fault" accident really, so I think she's earned a pass on this one, even though the deductible is going to hit at a bad time. 

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a heavy duty bumper.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gshayd said:

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a heavy duty bumper.......

Insurance got it fixed up as good as new. However, the day before she got to drop it off at the body shop, she got hit in the front, banging up the front bumper. I got smart with that one, and just cashed the check from their insurance. That paid for a winch bumper, and new winch. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, towtruck said:

You see this new retro front end yet Pepper?............your going to want one.https://www.doetschmotorsports.com/inventory/view/12593297/CUSTOM-RETRO-FRONT-END/

I saw it and fell in love. The wife said something about over her dead body, so I abandoned the idea. After melting her grill with a defective winch, I've gotta be careful what I propose bolting on this one. I've sort of redeemed myself, just put a set of tires on it that are a little bigger, and a whole lot more aggressive than stock. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t remember how long ago, but AEV made the conversion kits to turn the TJs into short cab small bed pickups. I wanted one then (the price was exorbitant though). I always wondered how long it would take Jeep to do their own. Chrysler has always let the Jeep brand have a lot of leeway with their concepts. I’m surprised it took as long as it did.

I wanted one as soon as they introduced them. I spoiled myself with Ram Mega Cabs and have a hard time mentally with the thought of losing the space. I would like to see some real world towing reports. My boat is in the 4,000 pound range and I can feel it with my 1 ton more than I thought I would. It is time to replace my current truck and I can’t stomach the price tags of the new ones. If I didn’t have my boat I would jump at one in a heartbeat. Congratulations on the new ride.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tajjeep said:

I don’t remember how long ago, but AEV made the conversion kits to turn the TJs into short cab small bed pickups. I wanted one then (the price was exorbitant though). I always wondered how long it would take Jeep to do their own. Chrysler has always let the Jeep brand have a lot of leeway with their concepts. I’m surprised it took as long as it did.

I wanted one as soon as they introduced them. I spoiled myself with Ram Mega Cabs and have a hard time mentally with the thought of losing the space. I would like to see some real world towing reports. My boat is in the 4,000 pound range and I can feel it with my 1 ton more than I thought I would. It is time to replace my current truck and I can’t stomach the price tags of the new ones. If I didn’t have my boat I would jump at one in a heartbeat. Congratulations on the new ride.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've towed 4500 pounds without issue. The Sport S with "Max Tow" option gives 7600 pounds tow capacity. I'm not sure that I'd use it to tow that much. If it's really heavy, I'll use my big pickup, the Chevy K2500 that drags around the 5th wheel. It's set up for towing, has the torque, and I don't have to stress about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have to go look at these again. I have always liked how Jeep does the little things like having the tailgate open and secure halfway to hold full sheets of plywood. I also noticed they put the ecodiesel in as an option. I wanted to look at 1/2 ton Rams with this motor as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tajjeep said:

I may have to go look at these again. I have always liked how Jeep does the little things like having the tailgate open and secure halfway to hold full sheets of plywood. I also noticed they put the ecodiesel in as an option. I wanted to look at 1/2 ton Rams with this motor as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the diesel, I'm not thinking it's cost pencils out. The increased mileage would take forever to pay off the increased engine and maintenance costs. The EPA has a lot to do with that. Cheap small diesels need to be a thing, but they're not going to happen under current regulations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the cost benefits. I’m having a hard time mentally getting away from a diesel and the torque.

The EPA put a hurt on midsize diesels as well. I had a 24 valve 5.9 Cummins in an 06 Ram that was awesome. Best motor I’ve ever had. Traded that truck for my current 11 Ram with a 6.7 that is a complete turd. Plus it rebreathes soot through the intake. It is the only motor I have ever had that made oil (put in 12 quarts get 13 back). Even deleted it is a turd mileage wise. The newer trucks with DEF fluid have at least gained some of the losses back mileage wise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tajjeep said:

I agree with the cost benefits. I’m having a hard time mentally getting away from a diesel and the torque.

The EPA put a hurt on midsize diesels as well. I had a 24 valve 5.9 Cummins in an 06 Ram that was awesome. Best motor I’ve ever had. Traded that truck for my current 11 Ram with a 6.7 that is a complete turd. Plus it rebreathes soot through the intake. It is the only motor I have ever had that made oil (put in 12 quarts get 13 back). Even deleted it is a turd mileage wise. The newer trucks with DEF fluid have at least gained some of the losses back mileage wise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy has a 6.7, and when I drove it, it seemed like there was something wrong with it, it was slow. It took forever to get wound up and the power to start to be put down. He had a 5.9 before, and it was a hot rod in comparison. Diesel engines are being choked across the spectrum. My trucker friends lament the regen time and derating issues, and constantly messing with DEF. I was shopping for a commuter ride recently, and considered a used diesel for mileage. I started looking around, and was going to have to go back to the old IDI engines from Ford or GM to get mileage and reliability. Finding a good example that was still in good shape, and one that had a good vehicle surrounding it was as much of a chore. 

 

I wound up getting a Mustang as a commuter. I figured if I was going to be stuck driving a car for an hour or two a day, I might as well drive something fun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pepper said:

 

 

I wound up getting a Mustang as a commuter. I figured if I was going to be stuck driving a car for an hour or two a day, I might as well drive something fun. 


That explains why you can’t go in a straight line & are all over the sidewalks with such a underpowered old man mid life crisis vehicle :yukyuk::yukyuk:

 

Ps.....I d never seen a mustang yet that did not look small.....in my rear view mirror :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to say America has destroyed the Diesel engine as well as quality diesel fuel.....not to mention they are going after people who modify current diesels trying to get back the power the goobermint has taken away....

 

I’d love to have my old  7.3 Powerstroke modified a tad in a current 2021 F350....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a text today from the salesman  we got the 19 Raptor from, and was offered $2k more than we owe on it....seems Ford stopped making them or something for now and used prices are going thru the roof....

 

Told him, if he would sell us a 2021 F350 fully loaded Tremor with the 7.3L Godzilla V8 at the pay off price of the Raptor plus $5k for what we have added to it, I would sell him the Raptor.....

 

He did not say no & will get back to us :screwloose:

 

I would settle for a fully loaded F350 with the Godzilla motor so we could put a Carli lift/Deaver springs with 37 inch BFG’s & such on it setting it up for off road use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...