Casper

Women's world cup

Is it bad that I want to root against the US team based on all the bs I've heard in the news? 

I sure wish sports were about sports. 

I guess I've missed the hubbub. What is making you want to root against us? Now with Directv kicking Fox/KXRM, who is showing the playoffs, to the curb I don't get the games any more.

Darrell

7 hours ago, Casper said:

Is it bad that I want to root against the US team based on all the bs I've heard in the news? 

I sure wish sports were about sports. 

It was just one person wasn't it?

I'll be honest, I've just seen the headlines and caught a bit of it. 

But someone is already saying they won't visit the white house and someone else made some sipping tea cup gesture at the England game. The latter I don't actually care about, but if you know you're good and you actually ARE  good, then you don't need to grandstand. 

• Like 1

Just now, newbe said:

It was just one person wasn't it?

Maybe it was, and maybe it's the media covering that first that actually puts me off, but I'm not into sports figures talking trash or politics, and it just makes me not want to watch any of it. 

Dang, do I sound like my grumpy father!?! 😀

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Casper said:

Maybe it was, and maybe it's the media covering that first that actually puts me off, but I'm not into sports figures talking trash or politics, and it just makes me not want to watch any of it. 

Dang, do I sound like my grumpy father!?! 😀

Join the club.

50 minutes ago, Casper said:

I'll be honest, I've just seen the headlines and caught a bit of it. 

But someone is already saying they won't visit the white house and someone else made some sipping tea cup gesture at the England game. The latter I don't actually care about, but if you know you're good and you actually ARE  good, then you don't need to grandstand. 

Yeah, IMO the "sipping cup" thing was pretty low class.

The star player grew up about five miles from where I live. My boss's daughter had an autographed ball from her and when she pulled her kneeling stunt the first time during the anthem she tossed that ball in the trash.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Edited after researching a bit.

I see Allie Long dropped the flag on the ground. How disrespectful. What an embarrassment she is.

Wonder what would have happened if she did that to the North Korean flag???? Would she have even made it home?

Darrell.

Edited by ScoutnUSA

10 minutes ago, towtruck said:

The star player grew up about five miles from where I live. My boss's daughter had an autographed ball from her and when she pulled her kneeling stunt the first time during the anthem she tossed that ball in the trash.

Wow!  That's making a statement!