Sign in to follow this  
talonhead

Getting ready for the 2019 bow season

Well, a couple of other got included in “The Hangout”. 

The first 5 were the 2014 doe, the next 2 were 2018 button buck.

The rest are this summers critters, a doe wife named “Tawny”, spike buck “Bucky”, 8 pt. buck “Cecil”, I don’t know which raccoon, or rabbit’s name. Then, the other day a bobcat showed up. 

2 raccoon families, several rabbits, many squirrels and over a dozen deer regularly come through my yard (most daily). Add 2 skunks and 3 opossums and several falcons & hawks (who fly in for takeaway meals........sometimes they bring their meals). The wife can indentify nearly every one. Most of the ground critters come into the yard when she calls.......even the deer.

We were out on the deck having a smoke and drink with the flood lights on and 4 deer came in and just started grazing. Cecil found some corn that I put out and ran every body else off. The wife called them back.....and scolded Cecil about his very unsociable behavior! They were around for about a half hour. Then they just walked up the hill. Bucky and Cecil were back about 1.5 hours later. 

Will add pics to the link in first post as time goes on. There’s a 12 pt. out there that’s pretty big, haven’t seen him much, hasn’t tripped the game cam yet.

MikeH

• Like 1

If the 8pt. shows up in Sept, hopefully he’ll graduate to ‘Freezer Camp’ 

Those guys would definitely be taking the freezer walk if they step in front of me and my new crossbow!  They look delicious!

On 8/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, hlhneast said:

Those guys would definitely be taking the freezer walk if they step in front of me and my new crossbow!  They look delicious!

Of course their sisters, wives and aunties will be in danger as well.

looks like i will be transitioning to a crossbow this year. injured my shoulder earlier this year and can't draw my Mathews compound. if i could afford to get a left handed unit, i could do it. Just can't pull. Need to pull the crossbow rated target out from storage and sight the darn thing in.

Looks like the deer were playing soccer with the mineral block.......it was across the yard this morning. Let them play. 

These deer are in your yard??

Yes, in the yard!

Wife got some new shots with her Nikon.

Just follow original link for updates!

Edited by talonhead
edit

Making me hungry,  Substitute turkeys and you have my yard..  Damn things will walk right up to you.  I dont need to bow hunt ( never have but do like shooting the bow), at my place it is just baseball bat season.