I shot an L-Match this AM after a lay off of about four months.  It is basically 2 hand Bullseye at 25 yards with reduced times. Gladly I can report the little Ruger ran without a hitch  and unlike using a rifle I got to use plenty of the target  this time.  Just a little monthly match as most of the guys and some of the guys had just got back from Perry.   I've been shooting Aquila High Speed ammo and it works OK but I have decided I need to spend a morning just sand bagging the pistol and shooting it a bit. Sometime the bullets just don't seem to go quite where they should. It happens enough that I am questioning the ammo at this point. That being said even with some brain failures I did manage two Master level scores this AM .

Here is the basic gear I use and it  there is nothing fancy here. A Ruger MK II with a Douglas barrel with a Pro  Point on top and a few Volquartsen goodies inside the FCG. The box is a Pachmayr I got back in 1980 that is a sought after item  by the BE guys and the little spotting scope on the mount is a Burris.

This one is kind of dark but you can get an idea of what my work area looks like.

Pv6uTjV.jpg

The fun part.

dj6PHCK.jpg

The pistol was built by Richard Curtis of El Reno, Oklahoma. He was an Army match armorer that bought out Dick Shokey before I met him.  It has a Douglas barrel and a few innards are massaged. I added the Pro Point later after I moved to Phoenix. It actually sat in my gun safe for over ten years without a round put through it until I put the dot on it.  Richard had this one laying in his shop and I was just visiting him one day and he just handed it to me and said it might as well get out on the range with someone that knew where the bullets came out of.This was shot one day years ago with the Aguila stuff at 25 yards after I get the pistol ready to go so it will carry the mail if done right.

eHzi4EJ.jpg?1

Anyway this AM was nice. The guys were fun to chat with, I had a big jug of ice water and I got my whole body toasted nicely. I was in the shade but no wind at all and summer has just begun.

7u0bqR9.jpg

Greg

• Thanks 2

How dare those bullets going where they want too.... I have a box like that.

2 minutes ago, gshayd said:

How dare those bullets going where they want too.... I have a box like that.

Handgun bullets seem to be the worst for it. Rifles are much more cooperative although I've never had a pistol bullet blow up in mid air unlike many rifle pills I've fired.

Greg