Jump to content
AR15Armory.com

IS there anything we can do about shootings?


youngod
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/05/classmates-connor-betts-kept-a-hit-list-and-a-rape-list/?fbclid=IwAR0Gu4iJOxPi4RNA2_KH_plsbb-bwEYTdrfilUi39nHzXYBjF3P9ROu8ucc

 

So just reading this article.  The young man has a past.  Not a violent one but a past still the same.  Before I get flamed, I am a die hard 2A supporter.  I don't like any infringements.  But realistically, could we have flagged someone like this?  Im not saying take away his rights.  But if a 17 year old, has a hit list and has to be investigated by local authorities and is suspended from school, should he have to have a tougher background check? Im not saying he should be denied, but should he have an extended interview with LEO?   He waited 7 years to do anything.  Im sure he was just a memory in. most people's.minds as far as the hit list is concerned.  

 

I don't like red flag laws.  I think it is just too easy to say someone who hasn't done a darn thing but maybe said some words to have their rights infringed upon.  

 

What's your thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My thoughts are that it wouldn't have done any good.  The kid that shot up Marjory Stoneman Douglass High School in Florida, had red flags out the ass, and nobody did a single thing to follow up on any of the information that could have saved a lot of kid's lives.  Nothing. 

 

"In 2016 and 2017, the sheriff's office received a number of tips about Cruz's threats to carry out a school shooting. The FBI learned that a YouTube user with the username "nikolas cruz" posted a message in September 2017 about becoming a school shooter, but the agency could not identify the user. In January 2018, someone contacted the FBI tip line with a direct complaint that Cruz had made a death threat, but the complaint was not forwarded to the local FBI office."  Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoneman_Douglas_High_School_shooting

 

Then, when seconds counted, the off duty deputy resource officer coward behind the building, and the Sheriff's deputies coward behind their cars, while kids are being massacred inside.  

 

They don't want to do anything about guns except stir up a frenzy so they can get reelected.  That's it.  That's all they are interested in.  

 

So...they can have my guns when they pry my cold dead fingers from around it. 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Longhair said:

We used to keep people who posed a threat to society locked up in sanitariums where they couldn't inflict themselves on others.

 

This exactly.  Now it's politically incorrect to lock up crazy people, so they continue to walk the streets...all around us...every day.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea what to do about idiots no matter if early intervention, etc takes place. Guns are readily available and they should be as long as they're in compliance with current "federal" laws. States' rights have pros and cons I reckon. Freedom and our constitutional rights can come with a heavy price and we have experienced what those prices can be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

No idea what to do about idiots no matter if early intervention, etc takes place. Guns are readily available and they should be as long as they're in compliance with current "federal" laws. States' rights have pros and cons I reckon. Freedom and our constitutional rights can come with a heavy price and we have experienced what those prices can be.

Keep crazies and criminals locked up, or kill them. That's what we did for over 100 years, and it served us well. Graphic grotesque penalties, carried out in public as a deterrent were also the norm, and it worked for the most part. After seeing a hanging, nobody wants to be publically hung.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Flesh Wound said:

 

homeless-san-francisco.jpg&sp=ad8ea4f419

This is an argument for bringing back the county farms, IMO.

Indigents need a place where they can work for a decent place to stay and decent food to eat, without being a burden or a blight on society.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, youngod said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/05/classmates-connor-betts-kept-a-hit-list-and-a-rape-list/?fbclid=IwAR0Gu4iJOxPi4RNA2_KH_plsbb-bwEYTdrfilUi39nHzXYBjF3P9ROu8ucc

 

So just reading this article.  The young man has a past.  Not a violent one but a past still the same.  Before I get flamed, I am a die hard 2A supporter.  I don't like any infringements.  But realistically, could we have flagged someone like this?  Im not saying take away his rights.  But if a 17 year old, has a hit list and has to be investigated by local authorities and is suspended from school, should he have to have a tougher background check? Im not saying he should be denied, but should he have an extended interview with LEO?   He waited 7 years to do anything.  Im sure he was just a memory in. most people's.minds as far as the hit list is concerned.  

 

I don't like red flag laws.  I think it is just too easy to say someone who hasn't done a darn thing but maybe said some words to have their rights infringed upon.  

 

What's your thoughts?

 

http://thefrankreport.net/solution-to-gun-violence

 

Buy Ammo!

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Longhair said:

We used to keep people who posed a threat to society locked up in sanitariums where they couldn't inflict themselves on others.

 

Unfortunately too many folks abused that system to lock up their wives, family members, etc. (much like current "red flag" laws), so the sanitariums were legislated out of business.  In Texas, the state mental hospital can detain a patient for treatment up to 72 hours on order of a local magistrate, and after another hearing and testimony of two doctors, they can be detained up to 90 days maximum.  Then they're back home.  When they get off their meds again, as they always do, the sheriff gets an order from a local JP, and a deputy gets to haul them back to the state hospital.  Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.  I hauled so many repeat customers to the state hospital I was on a first-name basis with them.  In most cases, when they're on their meds, they're nice as can be.  But every one of them says, "I don't like the way those meds make me feel."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...