specops56

School me on Sightmark reflex sights.

I’m currently gathering the pieces to build a 5.56 AR pistol. This one will not be a range toy but a serious HD gun. I want to put a quality red dot on it but have to stay within my meager budget. Trijicon, Aimpoint, Eotech and the like are out of the question. So, I’m looking at the Sightmark Ultra Shot 2 QD R-Spec and the M-Spec. Anyone have personal experience with either?
I have considered Holosun but I find that my eyes can pick up the dot on target with an open reflex better than I can with a tubular sight.
I can get the R-Spec for about $100 delivered and the M-Spec for $170 from Amazon. Is the M-Spec worth the difference in price? I like the retractable sun shade of the M-Spec but I’m not gonna pay an an extra 70 bucks just to get it.
My other concern is the size. I see it referred to as the “poor man’s Eotech” so I know it’s large for a red dot. I haven’t seen one in person yet as PSA doesn’t carry it. It’s going on a 10.5” pistol so I’m concerned it might be a bit unwieldy. Bear in mind I’m not going to be humping it over the mountains of Crapistan just the hills of my yard.

Terry

No experience with Sightmark but they have a decent following. Regarding the R-Spec, there's many good reviews out there. Watching a video, I like its simplicity, features, battery, qd. For the price I'd do the -R.

3 hours ago, bamashooter said:

No experience with Sightmark but they have a decent following. Regarding the R-Spec, there's many good reviews out there. Watching a video, I like its simplicity, features, battery, qd. For the price I'd do the -R.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward the R-Spec for the same reason; I like simplicity when it comes to my guns as well as the price. Still, I'd like to hear from someone who's used one before I plunk down my cash.

Terry