Jump to content
Valkyrie1911

Labor Day plans

Recommended Posts

Who has em? I just finished my last class of the term and don't start the next term until Monday. Wife, dog, and I are headed to the lake for a weekend of boating, swimming, and general relaxation. Between us both working, my full time Master's program, and her wanting to start her own company, we've been crazy busy. Much needed break before the rush of the holiday season. Hope everyone is doing well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter wants to go to the range, so I guess I’ll just do that...  :kickcan: 

 

geez. :segrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For the most part it's business as usual. School work, work, work at home, and we might visit with family. 

Edited by md65636

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully just chill indoors and enjoy the time while it snows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bamashooter said:

Hopefully just chill indoors and enjoy the time while it snows.

Are you visiting a different state? :D:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This weekend I'll be reloading and shooting.

Monday (Labor Day) I'll be working because I'm a devout capitalist and don't observe communist holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Monday, we move my daughter out of the house, and into the dorm at Louisiana Tech. 

I'm losing my baby.  :crying:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be running the pumps to keep the state from sinking. :tap:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will probably put a scope on my 17-223  if I get the ammo loaded over Saturday and Sunday. Range time Tuesday.

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

On Monday, we move my daughter out of the house, and into the dorm at Louisiana Tech. 

I'm losing my baby.  :crying:

 

You'll be OK,   Papa. 

You are not "losing her"; not in any way, shape, or form.  

In a way, I envy you your bittersweet task of letting her fly.

 

There are only two things a good parent must do for their children.

Give them strong wings and the confidence to use them. 

 

From what I have seen, your daughter has the will and ability to soar very high. 

Let not your heart be troubled, she will return to you in more ways than one, as

the Good Lord will reward you both for raising her so well. 

John

 

I get it brother, I get it.  But I know there is much joy and comfort yet ahead. 

She will always love and need you, and you her.   It's a new beginning.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm spending time with the kids and grandkids ! ! !      :)         :thumb:

Edited by Retcop
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Retcop said:

 

You'll be OK,   Papa. 

You are not "losing her"; not in any way, shape, or form.  

In a way, I envy you your bittersweet task of letting her fly.

 

There are only two things a good parent must do for their children.

Give them strong wings and the confidence to use them. 

 

From what I have seen, your daughter has the will and ability to soar very high. 

Let not your heart be troubled, she will return to you in more ways than one, as

the Good Lord will reward you both for raising her so well. 

John

 

I get it brother, I get it.  But I know there is much joy and comfort yet ahead. 

She will always love and need you, and you her.   It's a new beginning.

 

 

 

 

Thanks John, and I agree 100%.  I think she will do well in life.  

I'm still going to miss her.  :sad:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A day to putz around the cave and do man things for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally, Labor Day weekend is the opening weekend of dove season, and I'm in the sunflower fields all weekend.  But since Saturday is still in August, dove season doesn't open until next weekend.  :nfastamp:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, md65636 said:

Are you visiting a different state? :D:

:banger: Wishful thinking. Just mowed. Not bad though with a good breeze and lower humidity. Believe they're calling for high 50s/ low 60s in the morning.

Edited by bamashooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×