grunt68

did something stupid this weekend

Well guys i did something stupid this Saturday the family and i decided to go down to air show at Grissom AFB  to the thunderbirds well we we had to park about a 1.5mi from the flight line so being a 70 yr old smart arse i say to my son inlaw lets take the kids and go to the flight line.So we pack the two girls in the wagon and the grandson and off we go now they have people movers there but can't take the wagon on them we keep walking so i'm not doing to bad keeping with everyone even with my neurophty (sp) we can see the line.the sidewalk is pretty uneven and either i wasn't watching or i just tripped but the next thing i know i was flat on my chest hurting like hell and whole lot of people around me my son inlaw wanted to know if i had a heart attack i said no to make long story short never made to the flight line went  back to where the wives where my sides and chest hurt stayed and watched the show went home got checked out 4 cracked ribs and a bruised sternum it's hell getting old

• Sad 3

Fragile skin, brittle bones.....yeah, it sucks.

It really pisses me off when I get hurt doing something that I used to do all the time without ever a care. And the worst part is not finding out until you get hurt that you can't do that anymore.

• Like 1

I've about given up on air shows for that very reason.  Skipped one Saturday because I didn't want to walk/stand in 95 degree heat for 3 hours.  I do love me some airplanes, but the old bod just can't handle what it used to.

Hope you have some muscle relaxers handy for when the muscle spasms hit those broken ribs in a few days.  That just about killed me last time I had cracked ribs.  You're right about getting old.  It ain't for sissies!

• Like 2

Wow!!  Take it easy and be careful so them ribs can mend.  We are about the same age so know the feeling. (I'm a year younger)   I have had cracked ribs before and it ain't no picnic. Skin is also fragile, just bump something lightly and either start bleeding or big bruise.   It's hell to get old.  Still looking for those "golden years" everyone talks about. 

• Like 2

Take it easy and get the meds you need for that. I have busted ribs before and they are the worst...every move hurts.

thanks guys yea i'had broken ribs before but i was a lot younger and there's not a lot they can do for cracked ribs just take it easy and don't help that have one of those late summer colds so i have a cough hell it's just one more pain to go with all the other pains i have who says God doesn't have a sense of humor 

• Like 2

Take it easy for a while, broken anything, esp ribs, are not fun!

I'm only 64 :) and every time I bump something with my arm it bruises and sometimes bleeds, it looks bad, my wife wants me to wear long sleeve shirts!!

I don't take any blood thinners either!

I figured out what those golden years are! They are referring to the creamed corn you have to eat! Fortunately I liked creamed corn!

• Like 2

My Dad use to tell me "son don't get old"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't blame it all on getting old. A lot of what I deal with is paying for the sins of my youth......and I wouldn't change any of it for all the money in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You take care grunt. 

1. Something I keep telling myself now that I am an "Old" guy...  I feel like a 25 year old stuck in a broken body.  The spirit want to go-go-go but the body says no-no-no.  My mind says yeh, going to conquer the world today and my body laughs, shakes its head and says WTF you fool? Why dont you try getting up, taking a shower and go from there.... arsehole.
  • Like 1

Dang-it Grunt.  That send a sharp pain through me just reading it. 

Frikkin broken ribs are the worst.  I've broken mine twice.  

4 hours ago, olfart said:

I've about given up on air shows for that very reason.  Skipped one Saturday because I didn't want to walk/stand in 95 degree heat for 3 hours.  I do love me some airplanes, but the old bod just can't handle what it used to.

Yep, that Barksdale Air show is a LOONG walk, and it's getting hot down here in April and May.  

Sorry..I wish you as little pain as possible..

3 hours ago, sw9mm said:

I figured out what those golden years are! They are referring to the creamed corn you have to eat! Fortunately I liked creamed corn!

Not to mention all the gold you gotta shell out for doctors and meds! Getting old is not for the weak!

Terry

• Like 1

Damn man. Hate it. Hope you have a good recovery. Any trauma to the ribs sucks the big one. I couldn't bear it now at "our" age.

Dayuum Grunt !.  Stay UpRight My Man UpRight  while walking :salute:.  You know the drill for cracked ribs  R&R light breathing and NO coughing ( DON'T catch cold ) !!.

Our 1 St. Year here  I took a header off our Stairs , as I missed the last bloody one went down smacked MY head on the window trim about 8 ft. from where I last stepped . Left hair and blood on the trim , I was a little woozy when I sat up ,so I stayed awake ! .  My Wife yells down the stairwell what are you doing down there , I heard a thud !?.

I reply : Just checking out the house structure it's SOLID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY mistake was not fessing up immediately ,as she saw the Blood on the White Window trim :ack: MY ears hurt for a week !. :donyell: