Dear all,

I am currently looking to either build or buy a 10.5 inch 300 blackout ar pistol. My budget is flexible ($500-$1750) and am just looking for opinions on reputable manufacturers, personal experiences etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. I built a simple 9" 300blk from the cheaper modern series Ballistics Advantage barrel, PSA lower and a Stag lefty upper. I'm sure you'll get a bit more costly recommendations but I wouldn't have a problem going with a PSA lower / upper and adding whatever parts you like. I went with a Kak Slimline Flash Can, SBA3 brace, Matrix handguard, Primary Arms 3x prism scope (300-specific w/ chevron). Believe I have a CMC trigger in it but can't remember at the moment. Functions great, zeroed at 50m and very accurate.

BN1qNIa.jpg

As I view the pic, I believe I left the original PSA EPT trigger in place. I have nicer triggers in stock but this one's good enough.

So with the 10.5", you're not gonna suppress it?

Edited by bamashooter
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

Welcome to the forum. I built a simple 9" 300blk from the cheaper modern series Ballistics Advantage barrel, PSA lower and a Stag lefty upper. I'm sure you'll get a bit more costly recommendations but I wouldn't have a problem going with a PSA lower / upper and adding whatever parts you like. I went with a Kak Slimline Flash Can, SBA3 brace, Matrix handguard, Primary Arms 3x prism scope (300-specific w/ chevron). Believe I have a CMC trigger in it but can't remember at the moment. Functions great, zeroed at 50m and very accurate.

BN1qNIa.jpg

As I view the pic, I believe I left the original PSA EPT trigger in place. I have nicer triggers in stock but this one's good enough.

So with the 10.5", you're not gonna suppress it?

Very nice pistol. I just want a longer barrel for slightly better ballistics. I would get a suppressor, but they have a registry. Once they are removed, if ever, from that list I will get one.

How do you like the prism scope and how would you compare he PSA EPT trigger to a standard mil spec?

Thanks. The trigger is noticeably better than a typical mil-spec and more than good enough if on a budget. Not my cup of tea when compared (imo) to high-quality aftermarket triggers.  But if it's strictly for defense, I consider it gtg. I really like the 3x prism. The only thing I don't care for is all the "clutter" which is the drop downs, "moving target" stuff and all that. Not a biggie for I just look through them and don't consider them a distraction. Very good scope. Unless it's very low light, I use the etched reticle vs going illuminated. I also have the 2.5x PA prism on a 5.56 pistol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bamashooter said:

Thanks. The trigger is noticeably better than a typical mil-spec and more than good enough if on a budget. Not my cup of tea when compared (imo) to high-quality aftermarket triggers.  But if it's strictly for defense, I consider it gtg. I really like the 3x prism. The only thing I don't care for is all the "clutter" which is the drop downs, "moving target" stuff and all that. Not a biggie for I just look through them and don't consider them a distraction. Very good scope. Unless it's very low light, I use the etched reticle vs going illuminated. I also have the 2.5x PA prism on a 5.56 pistol.

That is what I have heard about them too. Would you recommend it over an eotech, trijicon, or aimpoint?

The only one of those I have experience with is the old 3.5 and newer (ancient now) 4x ACOG. Totally different optics but for me, unless I were gonna beat the optic to death with rocks, etc, I'd just soon have one of the PAs for my "soft" living environment. My dream prism would be a 2x with only a dot or chevron and I figure out the rest (ahead of time) if needed. I also have a 1x Vortex Spitfire prism which I find gtg. Prisms are my "thing" now due mostly to the etched reticle  option.

:welcome: aboard

• Thanks 1

Could buy a AR 15 pistol upper and lower from PSA like I did. The upper is about 9.5 inches with the flash can for $249.00 and the lower is 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-7-5-300aac-blackout-1-8-phosphate-9-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-fluted-flash-can-bcg-ch-5165447685.html

lower for $119.00

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-stealth-classic-shockwave-pistol-lower-no-magazine-black.html

$368 plus shipping

Edited by gshayd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, alpo said:

:welcome: aboard

Appreciate it alpo. Hope your weekend is full of joy

On 9/19/2019 at 12:39 AM, gshayd said:

Could buy a AR 15 pistol upper and lower from PSA like I did. The upper is about 9.5 inches with the flash can for $249.00 and the lower is 

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-7-5-300aac-blackout-1-8-phosphate-9-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-fluted-flash-can-bcg-ch-5165447685.html

lower for $119.00

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-stealth-classic-shockwave-pistol-lower-no-magazine-black.html

$368 plus shipping

It is definitely very tempting. I will keep that in mind during my build. 

Thanks for the suggestion gahayd.

Mine very likely would have been PSA upper / lower had I not gone with the lefty upper. The vast majority of the time, PSA is gtg. The sell so many damn rcvrs and such that naturally there will be a bad one now and then. I bet when it's said and done, it's proportional to most others. I had an issue with a PSA upper. Took forever to figure out they had not completed the machining of the upper at the charging handle area. Sent back on their dime and replaced it. I'm fine with them.

• Like 1

What does everyone think about a BCM kmr 10.5 or an Aero Precision 10.5? I am also looking at the BCM 11.5.

I have no experience with either.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

I have no experience with either.

Thanks for the input bama. You are a good man

12 hours ago, FortheFuture said:

Thanks for the input bama. You are a good man

:anim_bs2::bellylaf:

• Thanks 1