norsefarrier

Militia groups?

First, idk if this post even belong here so apologies if its in the wrong spot.

Ive been searching and reading, and I'm contuining to do so as i type this. But ive been wanting to get, struggling for words, involved/train/speak with Illinois militias.

I'm out of Dupage County.

I know we have a bunch of different groups here in the state but I'm unsure if where or whom to reach out to.

I dont know what questions to ask other than "you're not planning any shoot outs against police or bombings right"?

I get most groups if not 95% of all militias are against that behavior and dissociate themselves with the type of negativity but seeing as how new i am to these groups im wondering if there isnt anyone here who may have some sound advice as to what groups are (again struggling for words) better than others.

BuT mIlItIa GrOuPs ArE tHe SaMe!!!

No they arent Spongebob.

I dont want to go and join a group thats got some wackjob ass people doing some crazy domestic terrist shat.(Please google -White Rabbit Three Percent- if you want to see what im not looking for)

Like I read into the III%'ers. They seem like a pretty solid militia. They teach land nav, cls, "base construction", decent enough reputation to stand well with the public and presumably not on a watch list except maybe they are because of their past hiccups.

Then you see groups like the Sons of Liberty.

These guys seem to sound pretty well too.

For me maybe its too many ootions and not enough information on them.

So, let me ask finally,

Are you involved with a militia, if so which one?

What activities does your militia engage in?

Website/Facebook link?

Someone to contact with further inquiries?

Thanks in advance all.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Here in Texas, we have the State Guard which is an organized militia recognized by the state. I would want to belong to a militia that does criminal background checks. One that is not a bunch of wanna bes.   I am a retired U.S Army. which means I am on retainer pay for a recall up to age 70.  

Edited by gshayd
  • Like 1

It would be great if the local Sheriffs department would sponsor a County Militia.

16 minutes ago, gshayd said:

It would be great if the local Sheriffs department would sponsor a County Militia.

Wouldnt that be great.  Can you imagine the liberal reaction?  The fart and shat in the pants that could be heard around the world.

I keep looking. I truly do. But alas, it only seems that there isn't anything like a state guard or county sponsered militia. Which would be most ideal.

There are a ton of other militias out there but idk where they stand on the law... Tho even still some of those groups have had news reports on them.

Its kind of tempting to make a Facebook group and see what we could get going but the vetting process on nutjobs?? Im not a really solid social media person.
Dont see why if we didnt get a couple hundred signatures we could draft some sort of paperwork thing to present to legislature... But idk. I dont know the rules ha.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, gshayd said:

Here in Texas, we have the State Guard which is an organized militia recognized by the state. I would want to belong to a militia that does criminal background checks. One that is not a bunch of wanna bes.   I am a retired U.S Army. which means I am on retainer pay for a recall up to age 70.  

I find that interesting, because for as long as I live in the State, I have to make myself available for emergency call up. 

If I remember the legal terms correctly, I am still a certified/licensed Peace Officer, but when I retired, I lost my "commission".

In a declared emergency, the City has the power to reinstate my Cimission . 

I'd have to dig up the paperwork for the exact wording, but the during the separation process, they make a point of telling me I am subject to emergency call out.

I have the feeling it would be easy to get out of, but depending on the circumstances, I would not want to get out of it.

I'm sure retired guys that have moved 400 miles away to Northern Illinois are not going to be told to report, unless the S has really HTF.  Martial Law ?   IDK.

They also said that the idea is that we would take support roles, so that more regula cops could be on the street, but if things got bad enough...

If they are wanting me to confiscate guns or something like that, they can go pound sand. If the New Madrid Fault rocks us the big one,

once I had my family squared away, I would be proud to help out where I could. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, gshayd said:

Do you have any idea what standards a Militia group must meet in order to be recognized by the Republic of  Texas  ?

If various State Constitutions or legislation does not spell out the criteria for Militis to stand up and be counted by the State. 

If we don't have the required State law or State constitutional provision for being recognized, we could push to have legislation passed. 

But I would have to look at this as a very sharp sword, one sharpened on both sides.

Why would I want to have to get permission from the State to form a "militia".

Do you have any idea what standards a Militia group must meet in order to be recognized by the Republic of  Texas  ?
If various State Constitutions or legislation does not spell out the criteria for Militis to stand up and be counted by the State. 
If we don't have the required State law or State constitutional provision for being recognized, we could push to have legislation passed. 
But I would have to look at this as a very sharp sword, one sharpened on both sides.
This right here. We need this.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:41 AM, Retcop said:

I find that interesting, because for as long as I live in the State, I have to make myself available for emergency call up. 

If I remember the legal terms correctly, I am still a certified/licensed Peace Officer, but when I retired, I lost my "commission".

In a declared emergency, the City has the power to reinstate my Cimission . 

I'd have to dig up the paperwork for the exact wording, but the during the separation process, they make a point of telling me I am subject to emergency call out.

I have the feeling it would be easy to get out of, but depending on the circumstances, I would not want to get out of it.

I'm sure retired guys that have moved 400 miles away to Northern Illinois are not going to be told to report, unless the S has really HTF.  Martial Law ?   IDK.

They also said that the idea is that we would take support roles, so that more regula cops could be on the street, but if things got bad enough...

If they are wanting me to confiscate guns or something like that, they can go pound sand. If the New Madrid Fault rocks us the big one,

once I had my family squared away, I would be proud to help out where I could. 

I would laugh in their faces. Whether I volunteer or not in time of crisis is none of my previous employer's business. If they haven't been paying me in the interim, they can kiss my furry white ass about a "call up". They can "tell" me to do whatever they like, I'll be free to "tell" them to go eff themselves. My freedom starts the moment I get handed a retired ID. 

3 hours ago, Pepper said:

I would laugh in their faces. Whether I volunteer or not in time of crisis is none of my previous employer's business. If they haven't been paying me in the interim, they can kiss my furry white ass about a "call up". They can "tell" me to do whatever they like, I'll be free to "tell" them to go eff themselves. My freedom starts the moment I get handed a retired ID. 

I guess I just have a different take on it.  If you read my post, I stated that "after my family was squared away"  I would be proud to help out. 

We still have a good bunch of guys there, and the people I came up with are all either retired also, but many are in command positions.  

My family being squared away covers a lot of ground, and even though I don't have any animosity toward my Department, the family comes first during any major emergency, and that includes my grand kids an hour away or 4+ hours away. 

The constellation of small towns here make up a region of small town attitudes. If I still have some skills and knowledge I can use to help my community by helping my PD 

is something I don't have a problem with at all.  The more I think about it, I don't see how they could legally make the emergency call up mandatory, especially if you have moved outside the residency requirements. 

I honestly don't feel like doing the research to get the bottom line. I know it was discussed at the exit interview.  If we survive something like the a big earthquake along the New Madrid Fault, and my family is in good shape, I'd just as soon show up at the PD to help, as the Red Cross tent, because If I can, I'm gonna be showing up somewhere to help.  Might as be to help my Brothers in Blue. 

John

If you are retired military you can disobey the orders for a retired call-up. However, they can come get you to put you on active duty then court-martial you which could result in a loss of rank. Pay is based on rank I like my retired pay where it is. If they called me back up I would go. My mind is still pretty sharp when it comes to logistics. When the need is bad they do recall folks. I am medically retired so I am supposed to be the last group called up. However, if the military wants you they will call you and you must go.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:54 AM, Retcop said:

There was once a law that allowed it under state law. It is gone. There is a hodgepodge of laws that allow it for emergencies. I assume a local official could sponsor a militia for disasters. 

1 hour ago, gshayd said:

There was once a law that allowed it under state law. It is gone. There is a hodgepodge of laws that allow it for emergencies. I assume a local official could sponsor a militia for disasters. 

I'm a bit embarrassed I don't no more about it. 

Maybe I can get one of the lawyers I know to do a case law search on it.

They have special software.