norsefarrier

Militia groups?

On 9/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, gshayd said:

Here in Texas, we have the State Guard which is an organized militia recognized by the state. I would want to belong to a militia that does criminal background checks. One that is not a bunch of wanna bes.   I am a retired U.S Army. which means I am on retainer pay for a recall up to age 70.  

That's interesting. I was told that when I separated from my PD, if I still resided within in the residency requirement boundaries,it was possible I could be called up in an emergency. It was explained that in the unlikely event this happened, the regulations said that the call ups would be most often assigned to support roles so that they could get as many able-bodied sworn Officers on the street.    Have not looked into it since i separated, might be a good idea to do so, especially if the University is in session this Fall. Not sure if anything has changed.  Thanks for the memory nudge. 

3 hours ago, Retcop said:

That's interesting. I was told that when I separated from my PD, if I still resided within in the residency requirement boundaries,it was possible I could be called up in an emergency. It was explained that in the unlikely event this happened, the regulations said that the call ups would be most often assigned to support roles so that they could get as many able-bodied sworn Officers on the street.    Have not looked into it since i separated, might be a good idea to do so, especially if the University is in session this Fall. Not sure if anything has changed.  Thanks for the memory nudge. 

That is what the military did during ww2 they called up Soldiers who could do support jobs and free up able bodied personnel for combat duty. What would happen if the need was great in the next war.