Sign in to follow this  
Flesh Wound

Tell me 'bout the PSA EPT trigger kit.

Since I'm asking about maybe buying some stripped lowers I'm also going to need LPKs.

Looking at PSA. Specifically their EPT. My assumption is these are similar to the ALG unless I'm badly mistaken.

So do tell!

Nice than a basic mil-spec. Smoother and a bit faster and lighter. Probably low to mid-5s as packaged. Lot of folks add a JP Enterprises spring kit to get in the 4s. With all that said, I find the smoothness to vary trigger to trigger. Believe I have 3-4.

So is it worthwhile to order their EPT triggers?

9 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

So is it worthwhile to order their EPT triggers?

I think so. Seems like they're in the mid - high 30s or so and typically on sale during assorted times (holidays?) for around 29.00. I bought one in June 2019 shipped for 40.89.

Trigger: 29.99

Shipping: 8.50

Tax: 2.40

Though similar in quality and function to the ACT, it's much cheaper. I would go for it. I'll assume you'll get a "normal" EPT which is much better than most mil-specs. Just keep in mind if you're rapid firing, there ain't a dime's worth of difference between mil-spec and these. But bench, target , hunting (generally 1-2 shots-type stuff), it's better.

Hey Bama, good question, I've been eye balling one of their kits and it has the EPT.  I was wondering the same thing.  Just buy a kit and they'll throw the EPT fire control group in for free!

Yep I have 2-3 lowers I purchased on sale and they included the EPT. I purchased one and a JP spring kit out of curiosity. Have yet to do anything with it. Believe I have 3 other aftermarket triggers purchased on sale plus the EPT. Need more builds to accommodate them. :ohmy:

Out of stock at the moment. with the JP spring kit you could get a nice trigger pull in the 4to 5 lb area

Just pulled the trigger on a PSA kit, Saturday night.  It has the EPT trigger group but I'm not optimistic I'll have it assembled any time soon.  I'll probably wait until the weather turns bad this winter.  

But then again, I may get the itch sooner than I think.

• Like 1