kilo2018

Feed Problem

Hello.  I recently assembled an AR15 223 wylde. It will fire the first round, eject that round, however will NOT feed subsequent rounds. I swapped lowers, BCG, magazines and buffer and spring to include charging handle.  Please help.

Edited by kilo2018

Does it eject the first fired case properly?

Have you checked gas block alignment?

Just things to help us help you.

Round ejects properly. BCG goes to battery correctly, no apparent marring on BCG gas tube.

Welcome........Longhair hit on the issue...check your gas system for proper alignment and gas flow.

Just now, kilo2018 said:

Round ejects properly. BCG goes to battery correctly, no apparent marring on BCG gas tube.

Alignment at the gas hole in barrel to gas block is the important area.

Checked the two set screws for the gas block.  Both were very loose. I hope this remedies my problem. I thank you soo much for your assistance.

20 minutes ago, kilo2018 said:

Checked the two set screws for the gas block.  Both were very loose. I hope this remedies my problem. I thank you soo much for your assistance.

Recoil will knock the gas block forward. make sure the two holes are aligned still. Some barrels have a dimple for the set screw under the gas hole in the barrel. 

50 minutes ago, kilo2018 said:

Alignment of the gas port and gas block are fairly critical. Rectifying that issue should take care of your problem. :thumb:

Get back to us with the result, especially if it doesn't fix it.