srjdsmith

Stripped uppers

I feel like I’d like to have 2 or 3 stripped uppers in stock. I shot my latest build yesterday- a 350 Legend- and I love it! (Let’s face it, I’m not going to be happy sharing it with my daughter-in-law. I’m gonna want to leave one with her and have my own here.) Another buddy says I gotta have a Blackout. Would still like a 9mm carbine some time. ...and other future potential. Maybe 2 or 3 isn’t enough.

Anyway, assuming someone on a budget, such as myself, is there a huge difference? There are LOTS of sales right now in the $30-$40 range. Matrix arms, Anderson Manufacturing, Aero Precision, Omega, Davidson Defense...  Are they significantly different? Does it really matter?

Edited by srjdsmith

I've become rather intent on acquiring more of these.

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Davidson-Defense-Black-Diamond-Series-AR-15-Billet-No-Forward-Assist-Upper--USA-Made_p_6468.html

The fit and finish is superb, and the price for a billet upper is hard to beat. Just add a dust door and you're in business. There really is no practical need for a forward assist, so it's lack of one shouldn't pose an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Longhair said:

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Davidson-Defense-Black-Diamond-Series-AR-15-Billet-No-Forward-Assist-Upper--USA-Made_p_6468.html

The fit and finish is superb, and the price for a billet upper is hard to beat. Just add a dust door and you're in business. There really is no practical need for a forward assist, so it's lack of one shouldn't pose an issue.

That right there.

47 minutes ago, Longhair said:

3 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

That right there.

Those are nice uppers.

Did my 22LR and 9mm AR pistol with them.

Z7LqKlt.jpg

22 LR.

8wvkqWD.jpg

9mm.

Delta Team Tactical had the matching Slant 10" handguards. They may still offer them as a combo deal like I got with the 9MM upper.

Thanks,

Glenn 

• Like 2

I have been thinking I'm going to make all my future build with side charging uppers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flesh Wound said:

I have been thinking I'm going to make all my future build with side charging uppers.

Well you know how I feel about that...  :segrin:

c4TiE3n.jpg

Put a few away for myself. Although a couple have been put to use.

oifd2tM.jpg

6.8 SPC.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geepee3 said:

Well you know how I feel about that...  :segrin:

c4TiE3n.jpg

Put a few away for myself. Although a couple have been put to use.

oifd2tM.jpg

6.8 SPC.

Thanks,

Glenn

Stop rubbing it in man. :segrin:

• Haha 1

Got a DD upper on the way. Another couple in a couple weeks, I hope.

AR15 Discounts had finished AP uppers for $65.00 .

I have a Sig 556R which is a side charger. The thing I would do to it is put a longer charger pull on it. Give you more room between your hand and the rifle

On 10/2/2019 at 11:48 PM, gshayd said:

I have a Sig 556R which is a side charger. The thing I would do to it is put a longer charger pull on it. Give you more room between your hand and the rifle

I think thats the biggest complaint with side chargers.  Glenn will tell ya he changes the charge knob on most of his but thats mostly the grip pattern rather than larger sizes IIRC.  You have to balance ease of operation with the larger size hanging up on clothing or otherwise being in the way.  My Rem 7400 just had a little curved handle, basically just enough to get a finger on.  I dont remember if it was non reciprocating or not.  I think its better to have a non reciprocating action with less chance of the CH catching on anything.  Especially some flesh.