bamashooter

Teslong Bore Scope

Ordered one moments ago. Finally, an affordable endoscope for 22s. Many good reviews. Checkout the gas port in this video at approx the 5:14 mark. Good video if you wish to watch in its entirety. https://www.amazon.com/Teslong-Borescope-Side-View-Semi-Rigid-Smartphone/dp/B07TTQF24F

If you order one from amazon, make sure at checkout you change the shipping to free. You'll figure it. I had to edit my order to do that but no biggie.

• Like 1

Used the scope today with the laptop. Pretty straight-forward. Images aren't bad but I'm sure I can squeeze a bit higher resolution out of it via a small tweak per the instructions. Either still photos or videos can be saved to the computer. I like it; especially for the price.

First pic is copper particulate in the 15-22. Very consistent from one end to the other. That's probably about 200 rounds worth of CCI AR Tactical 22 Long Rifle Ammo. Perhaps 20 rounds or so of the CCI polymer and about 10 rounds of Aguila Super Colibri. Only the Tactical wore copper. Barrel is dirty. Not cleaned after the mentioned rounds.

GmGF7lG.jpg

The second pic is the barrel gas port of an 8.5" barrel (5.56). Probably around 200 rounds or so. Barrel is clean.

fcoaeV8.jpg

• Like 2

I ordered one and it says to get the endoscope camera app. I found several apps in the play store with that name. I tried one, but my phone doesn't seem to be able to find the bore scope. The usb c plug is sloppy loose in my phone. Haven't tried it with the laptop yet.

13 hours ago, tommag said:

I ordered one and it says to get the endoscope camera app. I found several apps in the play store with that name. I tried one, but my phone doesn't seem to be able to find the bore scope. The usb c plug is sloppy loose in my phone. Haven't tried it with the laptop yet.

I used Endoscope Camera (novotech) on my Galaxy S7. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.endoscope.camera

I first used the built in camera app on my laptop windows 10. Prior to doing the laptop, I changed a setting in my phone: https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/en/android-smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s7-how-to-open-usb-settings-mtp-adb.html

Have no idea if that helped" with "finding" the app in the phone. My issue with the usb to phone connection was, unknown at first to me, I wasn't getting a full, solid usb connection into the phone port. I kept getting the same msg as you. Lastly, I held the usb very tight as I had it shoved into the phone. That worked but when I would let go, it'd lose the connection. Though my cover is thin, I removed it and all was well. The usb connector is so tight, it has a bit of a snap to it when plugged in. 

With the cover on the phone, I was able to plug the camera usb into the adapter and the adapter into the phone and it worked that way too. It also works with my older app called Scopecam. It was for another borescope but it also works with this one. I prefer Endoscope Camera.

6 minutes ago, bamashooter said:

I used Endoscope Camera (novotech) on my Galaxy S7. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.endoscope.camera

I first used the built in camera app on my laptop windows 10. Prior to doing the laptop, I changed a setting in my phone: https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/en/android-smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s7-how-to-open-usb-settings-mtp-adb.html

Have no idea if that helped" with "finding" the app in the phone. My issue with the usb to phone connection was, unknown at first to me, I wasn't getting a full, solid usb connection into the phone port. I kept getting the same msg as you. Lastly, I held the usb very tight as I had it shoved into the phone. That worked but when I would let go, it'd lose the connection. Though my cover is thin, I removed it and all was well. The usb connector is so tight, it has a bit of a snap to it when plugged in. 

With the cover on the phone, I was able to plug the camera usb into the adapter and the adapter into the phone and it worked that way too. It also works with my older app called Scopecam. It was for another borescope but it also works with this one. I prefer Endoscope Camera.

Thank you. I didn't think of removing the cover from the phone.

• Haha 1

Nice, I will have to order one someday. My wife has been using my gun money for stuff around the house. I knew I shouldn't have put her on that checking account.:no:

For 50 bucks delivered that scope seems to fall into "best thing since sliced bread"  category. 

Quite a valuable tool. 

Even for some of the reviews that expressed problems, it appears that the customer service was very good. 

I want one !

5 hours ago, tommag said:

Thank you. I didn't think of removing the cover from the phone.

Only took me about 30 minutes to realize that was the issue. I had already cut out some of the "rubber" for another usb. I also noticed the length / reach of the Samsung adapter was probably 2-3 mm longer which was the difference with the cover on.

Removing the cover worked.

They have been selling a crap ton of these things to those snipery website members. 

Teslong has 100% been standing behind any problems that have arisen in the first release of the scope. 

These guys really want to make and stand behind a good product.  

I haven't bought one yet, simply because you can't run it on your I-Phone.  When they get that taken care of, I'm going to order me one.  

That snipers place has an 11 page long thread on this scope.  Lots of good info in that thread.   Not sure if I'd be breaking any rules if I post it here.  

Edited by Srgt. Hulka

19 hours ago, tommag said:

Removing the cover worked.

Fantastic. The one thing that bugs me is bragging about a product then someone gets one and it doesn't function as I said. I feel better now.

17 hours ago, Srgt. Hulka said:

I haven't bought one yet, simply because you can't run it on your I-Phone.

Crazy. Hopefully soon. Their larger stuff is ios-compatible. I'm sure it wont' be long. Missing waay too much revenue.

1 hour ago, bamashooter said:

Crazy. Hopefully soon. Their larger stuff is ios-compatible. I'm sure it wont' be long. Missing waay too much revenue.

I have a feeling that their issue is with Apple the company, not the interface with the phone.  

Perhaps but I find some of their other stuff is "Applefied". But you're probably right. Pay us more for your app. Evidently it's compatible with only a Mac at this time. BS.