Rampy

Know your Spare Tire.......

And what it takes to change it out....anywhere you go in your vehicle.....

We ended up with a flat tire on the Raptor in Moab.....after a hard day 4 wheeling on some seriously fun trails.....

Thought AO knew what I was doing....but could not find the key to the locking lug nuts...no biggie we have 2 keys....nope, can’t find that one either.....both missing....what the freak.....

But with a impact cordless drill you can bust them loose, but it destroys the lug nut & now your 1 short.....

limp into Moab, tire shop pulls flat tire, says It’s got a pinch/tear and normally that destroys a tire and they can not fix them...

However, since it’s a BFG K02 tire, and constructed differently, they can plug/patch it and it will be just fine....

he was saying they sell all kinds of tires, tons of cheap ones, but for the trails around Moab they recommend BFG as those are the ones that hold up best to the abuse and can be fixed most of the time....

Did you ever find the key?

I have never had locking nuts as I don't ever have wheels anyone would want :yukyuk:

Interesting comment from the tire shop in Moab. That is exactly why I have run BFG on my off rad truck for decades (yes I have had it that long). Trying to find new tires now has become a real problem I don't like the new KM3 tread and the AT is not aggressive enough.

And yea, Did you find the key?

Darrell

1 hour ago, towtruck said:

I have never had locking nuts as I don't ever have wheels anyone would want :yukyuk:

Nope, never found them......

LYZQ8hx.jpg

JIlOkpU.jpg

4 hours ago, towtruck said:

I buy a set for my truck, just a simple layer of protection when you are parked in strange places.  Hopefully your wheels will still be there when you return.  Sort og like the bar you stick in your steering wheel.  And a locking gas cap.  Keeps less motivated people at bay.

john