Sign in to follow this  
Rampy

BF GOODRICH KM 3 ULTIMATE TORTURE TEST MOAB 2019

Saw this bad boy in Moab out towards Metal Masher......was like WTF and now we know....

Insane.....but cool as all get out knowing it's there......and that even the national Parks will call him as well as other local towing companies as nobody does it like this......

Ok, the tires are great. Whatever. The guy who made the video is an egotistical jackass. I couldn't make it through the intro without having to skip ahead. Next, he runs cameras, poorly, yet is full of comments about the people the guy with the recovery truck is helping. The camera guy makes comments about the guy with the broken Jeep and his dog, and thinks he's funny. The guy with the recovery truck might be something special, the guy with the camera is just an arsehole. I could only stomach a total of 8 minutes before I stopped it. Which was probably 7 minutes and 55 seconds too long. 

Like Pepper says, guy is a douche. He slams the tow truck guy from Wi........sorry dude, his truck is better equipped than the one you a re a passenger in. Just the fact he does not have a proper sling for towing makes his rig dangerous. You need a solid cradle so your disabled vehicle does not climb up onto you. 

And making fun of the guy because he's from a state you find funny.......when a vehicle from your state breaks the same way do you tell them they need to go back to California?  

I think it's great that there are folks out there to rescue others and I really like watching some of the better videos of the recoveries.....this rig could put out some nice videos if he ditched the arse wipe and got someone to just film and not commentate like a 12 year old. 

I made it to about the 11 minute mark and killed it....there was nothing in that time frame my old '87 granny low four speed diesel would not have been able to do what that wrecker did when I had my tow boom mounted in it before it went onto my model AA. 

Never really paid attention to the tard filming or his being a idiot, but yep....no question 

no idea what it’s like from a street legal safety standpoint either Don’t have a background in that and other than common sense, he’ll if Ibknow.....but what works on the street might not work on slick rock trail or at 14k feet on a shelf road with a 6k foot drop.....

what I was looking at is the vehicle, how it works and why for the terrain it operates in and that it gets a ride on a flatbed to the trail head & not street driven.

after spending 3 days in Moab, on some trails we never should have been on and getting lost & ending up on metal masher (rated 7 out of 10) when the Stock  Raptor can do a 5 and some 6’s depending on the skill of the driver no way coukd we do what we saw on MM and had to back up about 1/4 mile before we could turn around...

breaking on some of these trails is a given and while a street legal tow truck can make it on a few, the  one we had a flat tire on no way in hell....and then it got dark when we were on it and all my lights almost made a dent in the dark....

was looking at the skill of the driver and how he built the rig to work in such conditions, we were talking about what happens when you break down and a tow truck won’t come to you....what happens..

Off road recovery is a art in itself and depending on where you play, you could be in serious trouble with something as “minor” as a flat tire....

our flat tire was caused by my not airing down & going to fast, now umm budgeting for a harbor freight floor jack, impact wrench and moving the spare up from under the truck to a mount on a rack on the bed cover so it’s easier to access. 

my dumb ass was prepared but under prepared for breaking down/flat tire and sitting there really makes one pause and think....

still need to get 24 lug nuts of the non locking style...to hell with locking lug nuts when going off road.....to many issues can happen...

we took medium/moderate trails and still had issues, was in 4 low/locked and decided to turn around on one it was so bad/rough due to avalanches wiping out the trail, they were saying in that area (Silverton/not Moab) the trails were in the worst shape they have been in over 30 years....and they are closed now due to snow....

guess it’s about perspective and butt puckering seat cover sucking awww shat now what factor 

• Like 1

Knowing your limits is key. My wife and I treked up Mt. Lassen each winter to get a Christmas tree at 7-8000 feet in the snow. The goat trail climbed up and then side hilled for a bit before heading back down another direction. We always stopped at the top and one year the wife took off on foot and wanted me to drive across that side hill. I started to cross it and felt the back end get loose so I stopped. Told her this was as far as we go. I got out and chained up all four corners of the truck while the wife asked me why????  I told her it was the only way to make sure we did not slide off the mountain. She told me to just follow the road and go back down the mountain. I told her I did not know if that road ended or actually went back down and then she got it...she knew we could not climb back up that section if we went down it. As it was I dang near slide off the mountain even with the chains getting back to safe ground. Once I was sure we were safe I backed up into the brush pointed the right way and then went looking for a tree. It would have been a cold night on the mountain if my head would not have been screwed on right. 

• Like 1

DB for sure...

Hellava Recovery Vehicle tho....

• Like 1

Found a couple more videos of the vehicle & one is more a interview/show and tell, but it’s filmed by the same dumb shat tard, but in his defense, he is from out East and the product of a liberal public school :hysterical3: